(Topic ID: 196972)

1st EM game to work on. Need help to get it working.

By Brewchap

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bonzo71
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cherry Bell Schematics.pdf (PDF preview)
0Cherry-Bell-pinside-02 (resized).jpg
20170923_202547 (resized).jpg
make break (resized).JPG
20170923_175543 (resized).jpg
20170923_175649 (resized).jpg
20170923_160652 (resized).jpg
20170923_161244 (resized).jpg
20170921_151841 (resized).jpg
0Cherry-Bell-pinside-01 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
20170918_130051 (resized).jpg
20170918_130051 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPG
stepper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago

Hi Brewchap
I do not know all posts --- in post-25 4Max shows the wiring of Outhole-Relay and Ball-Kicker (named Outhole Kicker Solenoid).
In Your snippet in post-39 (WHAT pin is it from ?) I see the activation of the Kicker --- if the Outhole-Relay is pulling and the Score-Motor runs and so the turning motor closes its switch "Score-Motor-4B". Big question: DOES the Down-Post-Solenoid fire - see http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3070&picno=49500 - above the right slingshot.

The brown line in my JPG: After a ball is lost then the Bonus is counted down - then along brown lines the Outhole-Relay is made pulling --- it establishes Self-hold-Current along "green lines". Greetings Rolf

0Cherry-Bell-pinside-01 (resized).jpg0Cherry-Bell-pinside-01 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago

Hi 4Max (and Brewchap)
I did not really want to post in this topic as You are helping. But Brewchap was trobleshooting and asking (and asking) --- so I said to me: Brewchap has time right now and he wants to work on the pin --- I help out with an explanation. 4Max please: pardon my "jumping-in" and proceed "helping in troubleshooting". Greetings Rolf

#40 6 years ago

Hi Brewchap
unfortunately "No" - I never had this pin - I look at it in ipdb --- a fun pin with (rather) rare "chance collecting bonus with ball in play landing in the Eject-Hole".

You must do some "detective work" --- here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3070/Sonic_1978_Cherry_Bell_Instruction_Manual_English_and_Spanish_no_schematics.pdf on page-13 are the relays listed --- Mech. Panel is in the Cabinet, Insert is in the Backbox and You must look at the relays "playfield": We see (for example) that the UP-Post-Coil (playfield) has an Coil "M-29-1000".
Starting in the manual on page-29 ALL the playfield-relays are shown --- You must use the manual and check with Your pin --- or hope for some pinsider to write the needed information. Greetings Rolf

1 week later
#71 6 years ago

Hi Brewchap
I do not really like the feature in late-70ies pins - the feature "EVERY new ball given starts with ONE bonus given" --- this "giving for free one bonus" makes the pin (more) complicated.
In a fully running pin: Start up ... Outhole-Relay pulls-in - makes the Ball kicked over to the Shooter-Alley AND makes the Bonus-Ladder step-up one step.

See the JPG, "encircled rosa / pink": If the Switch on the Outhole does not open when the ball is kicked --- the brain of the pin believes: A ball has been played, lost - there are bonus on the bonus-ladder - must count down --- then the Outhole-Relay pulls-in (again) - kicks and adds the free bonus ... this sequence again and again.
I would investigate on the switches "encircled rosa / pink", greetings Rolf

0Cherry-Bell-pinside-02 (resized).jpg0Cherry-Bell-pinside-02 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-em-game-to-work-on-need-help-to-get-it-working?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.