CIMG5116.JPG
314170_4004531393846_1727333961_n.jpg
gottlieb_528_poster.jpg
IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1977.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

i will turn it into a fish tank for that money.

#52 10 years ago

I'm in for $4750 shipped!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

i will turn it into a fish tank for that money.

So would I, you already have it at flipper pricing sales are slow right now and the flippers have inventory they can't flip or they would be on this one already.
Just wait, that is a great price and a collector will buy it.

#54 10 years ago

I'm in for $4751 shipped!

#55 10 years ago

I really think you should put the game on Craigslist (in a couple of cities) for what you want and let it ride for a week, someone will want it for $5k...it's a very good price. Perhaps list it for $5400...then let someone bid you down.

Robert

#56 10 years ago

There are no SM machines for sale on Craigslist in NH...I think you're gold.

Robert

#57 10 years ago

I am ready to pull the trigger on the game. I SM or AVLE as my top titles or a couple of others, but a little less than SM or AVLE. I have a theory as to why it's not moving and it could just be me. It is really hard to ascertain the exact condition of the machine, which is necessary to do in order to have the confidence to ship it.

"Mint condition" was in the OP yesterday. "Outstanding condition" is in the OP today. I have to say. Unless I'm missing something because the cabinet pics aren't the clearest and they're a bit far away, I don't think that cabinet rises to the level of "mint" or even "outstanding". I definitely see some dings on the front next to the coin door right off the get go. The coin door has some scratches on it, and there may even be some start button wear. I'm not always this anal. But, when the seller sets high expectations, I expect those to be met.

Now, this game has some absolutely outstanding extras. I will definitely agree with that. Cliffies in all the right places, shaker motor, upgraded plastics, full Cointaker LED's, the headphone jack, and a really nice looking playfield.

If I had this shipped, based on the description, I would expect it to arrive looking like next to new and would be devastated if all the things that look like they may be askew actually are. I'm sorry, but if I get any inclination that things might not be as forthright as they should be, the fight or flight response kicks in.

Usually, but not always, one's sense for things is about right, whether it is looking at ads, looking at posts, or speaking with someone on the phone.

#58 10 years ago

Hey Usandthem........

Get someone local to the seller to go look at it. There has to be someone close to him that could confirm condition. AND if it looked totally new as you say it should, with all those extras, it would be a 6.5k SM not 5k.

#59 10 years ago

i welcome a local viewing i don't know what you think you saw but this game is in well above 5,000 dollar condition, but to sit here and slice down my machine, you my friend are looking for collector quality and that is in the 6500 dollar isle.

#60 10 years ago

Great price. Free Bump.

#61 10 years ago

here are some cabinet photos,

IMG_1987.JPGIMG_1987.JPG IMG_1989.JPGIMG_1989.JPG IMG_1990.JPGIMG_1990.JPG IMG_1993.JPGIMG_1993.JPG IMG_1981.JPGIMG_1981.JPG IMG_1992.JPGIMG_1992.JPG IMG_1991.JPGIMG_1991.JPG
#62 10 years ago

im in $5k shipped

#63 10 years ago

your almost their

#64 10 years ago

thats my limit i have right now

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Hey Usandthem........
Get someone local to the seller to go look at it. There has to be someone close to him that could confirm condition. AND if it looked totally new as you say it should, with all those extras, it would be a 6.5k SM not 5k.

If you are serious about buying the pin I can take a look at it for you. I live about 20 min away. However, if you are just kicking tires I really would rather not waste my time.
CB

#66 10 years ago

come on by,i have plenty of games we can play,maybe you will see something you want.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

If you are serious about buying the pin I can take a look at it for you. I live about 20 min away. However, if you are just kicking tires I really would rather not waste my time.
CB

See that........ before questioning someone's description of the pin an outstanding pinsider steps up to the plate for the out-of-towners to give a second opinion of condition other then the owner's opinion. I have done that twice before for guys I never even met when a pin was local to me.

CPBMD is one of the examples of why I love the pinheads that are on this and other pin sites. Way to go CPBMD!!!!

Now we wait and see if USANDTHEM is serious about the pin or just wanting to jab at the OP's description.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

come on by,i have plenty of games we can play,maybe you will see something you want.

And another thing that will happen here is that two guys in the hobby, 20 minutes away from each other, will meet and play each others pins, and make a new friend in the hobby!!!!!!!!!!

COOL!!

#69 10 years ago

pinside is such a happy place

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

i welcome a local viewing i don't know what you think you saw but this game is in well above 5,000 dollar condition, but to sit here and slice down my machine, you my friend are looking for collector quality and that is in the 6500 dollar isle.

Quoted from scottc:

Now we wait and see if USANDTHEM is serious about the pin or just wanting to jab at the OP's description.

Not trying to torpedo your sale, OP. In fact, now that the cabinet pics have been shown, people can make an honest assessment of their own about how they feel about the condition of the machine (and the cab in particular) and determine how it jives with rooftop's description of it. Don't you think potential buyers would want to see these right from the beginning? They're pretty important.

$6500 for a CQ SM? That's excessive. Another $1000 and you're in black SM territory. If you're basing your price on a CQ going for $6500, you're off base I think.

CPBMD. Thanks for the offer, but you don't have to condescend to me. The lack of cab pics until today is all I needed to see. I'm not going to be snowed on a shipped pin with terse descriptions. And besides, I highly doubt that the OP would want to sell to me anyway. I am not a regular member of the price or condition police, but this listing warranted some commentary about it as I did have serious initial consideration in purchasing it. I was just following up with what some others said about potential reasons why it hasn't sold.

It might very well be worth the full 5K. I don't think a buyer bases a decision on guessing what a CQ SM MIGHT go for, but rather what to expect from the description of the machine regardless of what the seller is asking. Ultimately, if a seller willing to ship and a buyer willing to buy are to come together, there needs to be total upfrontness.

#71 10 years ago

i understand your opinion is yours, but the cabinet is in great shape, and the play field is in excellent condition, contrary to you so called opinion, further more you have said your piece, now kindly go stair at your cabinets not that they have shit to do with game play, you never once asked to see boards or the underneath of the play field, if you new anything about what you you are buying, these would have been your concerns. p.s. you better watch your back, now if you even breath on this forum incorrectly i will be all over you ahole.

Post edited by robin : Ban vote issued. No need to explain why, I think.

#72 10 years ago

This is a great price for a SM in this condition. I was very close to pulling the trigger and still might but I need to sell something first. No doubt the market is soft and might get softer when MMR is released. I have a feeling the days of machines going up in value are over..............

#73 10 years ago

thanx for the kind words darkknight.

#74 10 years ago

my offer is still valid

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

i understand your opinion is yours, but the cabinet is in great shape, and the play field is in excellent condition, contrary to you so called opinion, further more you have said your piece, now kindly go stair at your cabinets not that they have shit to do with game play, you never once asked to see boards or the underneath of the play field, if you new anything about what you you are buying, these would have been your concerns. p.s. you better watch your back, now if you even breath on this forum incorrectly i will be all over you ahole.

Why so vindictive? You're doing a fine job of damaging your own sale with your attitude. I said nothing that is untrue. If you think that cabinet condition means nothing in terms of a machine's condition, you're wrong. If you think that calling people names and making snide and sarcastic remarks on here like "pinside is such a happy place", well that just speaks to your character. The entitled mentality of wondering why it didn't sell in 5 minutes is off putting too. Imagine someone having difficulty with the transaction and having to deal with you.

As for looking for my missteps, everybody has those. I'm not perfect. But I always disclose everything negative about any game I've sold right up front so there are never any doubts. All 7 or 8 games I've ever sold have been local sales to the first person who has ever looked at them. It's good to know though that you aim to be a jerk just for the sake of it.

I also apologize to CPBMD as he/she clearly made a genuinely nice offer. It was Scott C. who just assumed that I take pleasure in jabbing other people's descriptions.

#76 10 years ago

I'll go $5,100 shipped

#77 10 years ago

thanx for the continued bumps

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

Figured I'd better quote this for the sake of posterity. Ooops. Already did.

#79 10 years ago

For anyone looking for a super nice SM, this is an absolute killer deal. Rooftop is an absolute standup seller and even without the mods, $5k for a HUO (1st run with regular apron, playfield supports and lockdown bar) is a great deal. You're basically getting a shaker, Pinnovators headphone kit, all CT Premium LEDs and Cliffy's plus more for free. If SM hadn't already been through my collection twice I'd be all over this. I can't believe all the crap being thrown around for no reason.

#80 10 years ago

$5,200 shipped is my max. Last and final

#81 10 years ago

thanx jared, its a tough crowd

#82 10 years ago

5,500 shipped in the continental u.s.

#83 10 years ago

PM me if you are willing to do $5100 shipped

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

Heck, I haven't pissed anyone off today so why not........

Sir, you should look at yourself in the mirror. He had valid questions and comments and you attacked him. Threatening a forum member is out of line and is the only reason I'm posting. I for one feel as though you should get a ban and I have submitted this to the mods for review. I'm so sick of this shit from people on this forum. You can't have a simple discussion without attacking someone. It's time for people to start respecting others and their opinions.

And by the way, your cab is not mint or excellent condition. It's average players condition. I would have been pissed if I bought the machine thinking it was outstanding and saw that.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

PM me if you are willing to do $5100 shipped

That is an insult offer. $5100 shipped is like $$4750-4800 cash.............I will buy it right now for $4800!

#86 10 years ago

sold, thanx for all your offers.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

That is an insult offer. $5100 shipped is like $$4750-4800 cash.............I will buy it right now for $4800!

Is that really considered an Insult offer??? Nearly 5k?

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Is that really considered an Insult offer??? Nearly 5k?

Hardly an insult for the machine in those photos.

#89 10 years ago

Looked like a very nice machine.. Congrats on the sale!

#90 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale. Seems like it sold pretty quick compared to some of the other recent for sale posts.

#91 10 years ago

Well done Roofy. What's Vector like to play?

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Heck, I haven't pissed anyone off today so why not........
Sir, you should look at yourself in the mirror. He had valid questions and comments and you attacked him. Threatening a forum member is out of line and is the only reason I'm posting. I for one feel as though you should get a ban and I have submitted this to the mods for review. I'm so sick of this shit from people on this forum. You can't have a simple discussion without attacking someone. It's time for people to start respecting others and their opinions.
And by the way, your cab is not mint or excellent condition. It's average players condition. I would have been pissed if I bought the machine thinking it was outstanding and saw that.

I don't disagree with much you say but average players condition cabinet????? Not even close..its way above average players condition. I like to have very very nice cabinets but geeze do we all just look at the cabinets? My lineup is tight so you can hardly even see the cabinets even tho they are minty....It is funny how some hobbiests have to have everything perfect...send your pins out to HEP if you need them 100% perfect.

#93 10 years ago

I am new to the hobby and I don't understand why people are OCD about the cabinets? You play the PF not the cabinet. if the price is right and the cabinet is a little rough but you got a great condition PF I would not worry.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

sold, thanx for all your offers.

Congrats!

#95 10 years ago

There are generally 3 types of pinball people; Players, collectors and fixers. I'm about 1/3 each, I know people that won't play only fix and collect, I know people that won't fix only play and collect, I know people that don't collect but they fix and play, and any other combination. Collectors care about the cabinet.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

I am new to the hobby and I don't understand why people are OCD about the cabinets?

#96 10 years ago

I guess if your purpose is to sell/flip nice games to collectors you may care about the cabinet.
So some people are in this hobby for other reasons rather than playing pinball. That makes sense now.
Tx

#97 10 years ago

No. There is nothing wrong with someone wanting a collector quality game. Just because you want a perfect cab doesn't make you a flipper.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

I guess if your purpose is to sell/flip nice games to collectors you may care about the cabinet.
So some people are in this hobby for other reasons rather than playing pinball. That makes sense now.
Tx

For me it depends on the game. I've got a beater DW and it's a blast to play, but it took me a long time to find my nice IJ.

#98 10 years ago

I am not saying there is anything wrong with being a flipper. I have bought games from flippers before. They perform a good function in the pinball market.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I am new to the hobby and I don't understand why people are OCD about the cabinets? You play the PF not the cabinet. if the price is right and the cabinet is a little rough but you got a great condition PF I would not worry.

You could say the same thing about cars. Some people wouldn't mind having a big dent (or nicks, scratches, et cet.)in the side of their vehicle if it drives the same. Some people prefer them to be pristine. Just a matter of personal preference, and what you're willing to pay for it.

#100 10 years ago

Yup. Makes sense. Some people are not concerned with aesthetics and others are. I am one of those that doesn't care that much as long as the game is in good working order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-edition-spiderman-for-sale-huo-5000/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.