4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0King-Pin-Work-04 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I would like to change my Gottlieb King Pin and Sky Jump to 1 play per coin instead of the period correct 2 plays/coin that it is set to now. Unfortunately this is not a option on the main board as we all know. However what I was thinking is to move the switch on the score motor that give 4 plays per coin to a single pulse position instead of the 4 pulses it would normally get. Please let me know if this has already been done/tried/attempted and if I would be successful in doing so.

Or maybe there is a better, easier way to accomplish this?
Thanks guys!

PS.. I know its not the way it was designed, but I have my reasons. ))

#2 4 years ago

ugh

#3 4 years ago

Hi tscottn
You do not want to use the built-in functionality "1 coin - 1 play, the play starts right away", hmm.
Look at the JPG - "pink, rosa jumper, question mark" - I do not know if this works - the big question is "when the coin falls through - is the coin-switch closed long enough in time so the Replay-Counter can step-up ?". You may want to try - unsolder the wire (that finally reaches coil on S-Relay) - clip-on a Jumper-Wire at the freed solderlug on the coin-switch - clip-on the other end of the Jumper-Wire at the 15-pos-switch on the replay-counter - then try: Throw-in a coin - does this works ?

It may not work - then You'd have to do some work "my orange stuff in the JPG". The way the coining up works - lets plug the adj-plug to "5 plays per coin" - see by this "my encircled red, blue, brown switches" are bypassed, overridden" --- the motor makes a turn of 120 degrees, "encircled green" switch motor-1A closes five times - all five pulses reach the Replay-Step-Up-Coil.
When You change the adj-plug to "4 plays per coin" then "my marked red" switch motor-2C comes into action - see the motor sequence diagram in the upper right corner of the JPG --- motor-2C switch is open so the second closing of motor-1A is "electrically suppressed". The same way the adj-plug set to "3, 2 plays per coin" does work.
To get what You want: You must mount an added, new Normally-Closed-Switch on motor-position-1D*** - and Your adj-plug no longer works "5 - 4 - 3 - 2 plays per coin" - it now works as "4 - 3 - 2- 1 plays per coin".
See "encircled orange" in the JPG - Your King Pin machine does already have an switch mounted on motor-position-1D*** --- a switch for making Number-Match-Replay --- so it should be possible to mount the added, new Normally-Closed-Switch on motor-position-1D***. Greetings Rolf

0King-Pin-Work-04 (resized).jpg0King-Pin-Work-04 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1coin-1-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.