Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0King-Pin-Work-04 (resized).jpg

#1 46 days ago

I would like to change my Gottlieb King Pin and Sky Jump to 1 play per coin instead of the period correct 2 plays/coin that it is set to now. Unfortunately this is not a option on the main board as we all know. However what I was thinking is to move the switch on the score motor that give 4 plays per coin to a single pulse position instead of the 4 pulses it would normally get. Please let me know if this has already been done/tried/attempted and if I would be successful in doing so.

Or maybe there is a better, easier way to accomplish this?
Thanks guys!

PS.. I know its not the way it was designed, but I have my reasons. ))

#2 46 days ago

ugh

#3 43 days ago

Hi tscottn
You do not want to use the built-in functionality "1 coin - 1 play, the play starts right away", hmm.
Look at the JPG - "pink, rosa jumper, question mark" - I do not know if this works - the big question is "when the coin falls through - is the coin-switch closed long enough in time so the Replay-Counter can step-up ?". You may want to try - unsolder the wire (that finally reaches coil on S-Relay) - clip-on a Jumper-Wire at the freed solderlug on the coin-switch - clip-on the other end of the Jumper-Wire at the 15-pos-switch on the replay-counter - then try: Throw-in a coin - does this works ?

It may not work - then You'd have to do some work "my orange stuff in the JPG". The way the coining up works - lets plug the adj-plug to "5 plays per coin" - see by this "my encircled red, blue, brown switches" are bypassed, overridden" --- the motor makes a turn of 120 degrees, "encircled green" switch motor-1A closes five times - all five pulses reach the Replay-Step-Up-Coil.
When You change the adj-plug to "4 plays per coin" then "my marked red" switch motor-2C comes into action - see the motor sequence diagram in the upper right corner of the JPG --- motor-2C switch is open so the second closing of motor-1A is "electrically suppressed". The same way the adj-plug set to "3, 2 plays per coin" does work.
To get what You want: You must mount an added, new Normally-Closed-Switch on motor-position-1D*** - and Your adj-plug no longer works "5 - 4 - 3 - 2 plays per coin" - it now works as "4 - 3 - 2- 1 plays per coin".
See "encircled orange" in the JPG - Your King Pin machine does already have an switch mounted on motor-position-1D*** --- a switch for making Number-Match-Replay --- so it should be possible to mount the added, new Normally-Closed-Switch on motor-position-1D***. Greetings Rolf

0King-Pin-Work-04 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Feasterville-trevose, PA
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 208.87
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.00
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 11.95
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 26.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside