• play? 8 votes
    25%

(32 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2515746D-6470-4576-B446-2049DAF28725 (resized).jpeg
F4881464-E72B-4CDA-BCEC-AB91AEA7599A (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Helping a friend sell this. 1998 Williams Cactus Canyon Pinball. Not remake. Brand new. Any advise on what this should go for? Never seen anything like it in my life.

2515746D-6470-4576-B446-2049DAF28725 (resized).jpeg2515746D-6470-4576-B446-2049DAF28725 (resized).jpegF4881464-E72B-4CDA-BCEC-AB91AEA7599A (resized).jpegF4881464-E72B-4CDA-BCEC-AB91AEA7599A (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

All I’m thinking about is the bottom half of the CPU

#3 2 years ago

I'd sell it

#4 2 years ago

Shame he didn’t sell it a few years ago.

#5 2 years ago

Why would someone buy a brand new pinball machine and never take it out of the box?

#6 2 years ago

Original is still original.... $18,500. This is a NIB sought after title, it also depends how it was kept throughout it's lifespan in that box. Batteries a concern / leakage. rubbers likely rotted, playfield could have issues. This game is notorious for wrinkled / bad decals. You take a real risk without fully inspecting it thoroughly. Although I'd love an Original honestly the new CGC one looks pretty amazing, with the topper / apron etc Lymann code that will become an option in the future. Like it or not the remake brought the value down on the Bally OG. Still around $18,500. As much as I love the original the upcoming remake is the way better value at $9250 to me anyways.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

As much as I love the original the upcoming remake is the way better value at $9250 to me anyways.

Yep. Original will hold value, but tough at the moment when a base CGC remake starts at 8k.

#8 2 years ago

Hopefully the legs are stored in separate, moist area and have rusted. Paint them black and charge 20k. But DO NOT under any circumstances turn it on. It is only new once people!!!!

Disregard if you didnt follow the 20k High Speed thread…..

On a serious note, there are collectors out there that value original Williams, so this is an interesting find for sure. Good luck whichever way you guys decide to proceed

#9 2 years ago

$20-25k seems like a good place to start.

I wouldn’t middleman it though make your friend post the ad. There will be a lot of abuse hurled the seller’s way, unless you are getting a cut not worth it just to “help out.”

A little curious how someone who ended up with a NIB cactus canyon needs someone else’s help to unload it. They probably have an idea how to sell things.

#10 2 years ago

Just list it at 30k obo

Very cool and true museum piece

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Seems like a strange thing to obsess about when worst case $220 will cover that. Not really a big deal.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rottendog-williamsbally-wpc-95-mpu.html

#12 2 years ago

Wow, very cool!!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$20-25k seems like a good place to start.
I wouldn’t middleman it though make your friend post the ad. There will be a lot of abuse hurled the seller’s way, unless you are getting a cut not worth it just to “help out.”
A little curious how someone who ended up with a NIB cactus canyon needs someone else’s help to unload it. They probably have an idea how to sell things.

They inherited a bunch of pins from a parent that was a collector

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

Helping a friend sell this. 1998 Williams Cactus Canyon Pinball. Not remake. Brand new. Any advise on what this should go for? Never seen anything like it in my life.
[quoted image][quoted image]

25k easily. Whoever buys this will also leave it NIB. Cool piece of history and with the remakes, zero reason to unbox it. There are people who merely collect “NOSNIB games. It’s pretty neat. I’ve seen NIB EMs.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

They inherited a bunch of pins from a parent that was a collector

This is the best way for them to get into the hobby. Keep the collection. Anything they sell now they’re gonna kick themselves 6 years down the road when Dredd is selling for 10k routed condition

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

25k easily. Whoever buys this will also leave it NIB. Cool piece of history and with the remakes, zero reason to unbox it. There are people who merely collect “NOSNIB games. It’s pretty neat. I’ve seen NIB EMs.

I think it's actually pretty fucking crazy to leave any new game in the box....Play it.

#17 2 years ago

This is the best way for them to get into the hobby. Keep the collection. Anything they sell now they’re gonna kick themselves 6 years down the road when Dredd is selling for 10k routed condition

I actually want them to keep! Hahah they can’t. They need to sell. They have so many of the best pins ever too

#18 2 years ago

i'm just going to reference this post every single time a new (or veteran, but usually new) hobbyist tries to throw their know-it-all weight around on an original MB/CC/CV FS ad, accusing the seller of being deceitful about it's HUO status because it has a lockbar drilled into the front of the cabinet.

#19 2 years ago

Not gonna lie, NIB EMs sound pretty rad. That's definitely a cool piece of history.

#20 2 years ago

Also if I didn’t just have a baby I would buy them all hahah.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think it's actually pretty fucking crazy to leave any new game in the box....Play it.

Yeah, it’s wild, but that’s what some people do!

Quoted from rmancini:

I actually want them to keep! Hahah they can’t. They need to sell. They have so many of the best pins ever too

That’s sweet! Sorry for the loss of their parent, but that’s awesome they can share and respect their hobby and be grateful inheriting such an incredible collection!

Quoted from bigehrl:

i'm just going to reference this post every single time a new (or veteran, but usually new) hobbyist tries to throw their know-it-all weight around on an original MB/CC/CV FS ad, accusing the seller of being deceitful about it's HUO status because it has a lockbar drilled into the front of the cabinet.

Duh, they opened the box to drill that lockbar. You fell for it, rookie mistake!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

When P2K hit some ops were buying CC NIB in hopes of selling later and making a lot of money. I asked my distributor what about the batteries. He didn't know. ( this was long before all the new stuff we have now )

Quoted from Dent00:

Why would someone buy a brand new pinball machine and never take it out of the box?

A lot of ops bought CC as it was Williams last true pinball machine and they thought they'd get rich when they sold it later.

LTG : )

#23 2 years ago

Wow so cool to see a old NIB pinball. Hopefully someone buys it that will truly appreciate and play the heck out of it. Wish it was me

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

We already had the "but what about potential battery damage on a easily replaceable $200 board on a game I'm paying 5 figures for?!" post...the "what about the lockdown bar holes!!! (they ALWAYS call it a lockdown bar) is usually next. But it's been a day and it hasn't happened! I'm thinking 20 years of brutal snarky smackdowns have finally put that one to rest?

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

They might have used non-alkaline batteries in this timeframe, so they wouldn't be ruptured just dead. At least that's what a Data East JP unboxing demonstrated.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

They might have used non-alkaline batteries in this timeframe,

They didn't on any I saw.

LTG : )

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Wow so cool to see a old NIB pinball. Hopefully someone buys it that will truly appreciate and play the heck out of it. Wish it was me

I wish It was me as well!

#28 2 years ago

rmancini

Ill offer 15k euro right now that’s about 17k US and ship it to Amsterdam and I will make a Pinside headquarters special unboxing video!

No joke.

#29 2 years ago

oh, wow, actual NOS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1998-williams-cactus-canyon-nib-?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.