(Topic ID: 197977)

1997 Medieval Madness - New Market Pricing?

By PinCrush

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
HPIM1520 (resized).jpeg
HPIM1519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
Frank-Zappa_Overnite-Sensation (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

First off I will open with I don't have a clue because MM or MMr is a game well beyond the price range I can justify for "toys" that rarely get played in our house but I think you "missed the boat" unless you bought that machine fairly cheap.

I would look at the math like this: MMr cost around $9000 and you have a "brand new machine" has driven the prices down to around the same point for nice originals. Assuming yours is decent overall and someone just has to install a playfield, plastics, and a few other odds & ends to make it nice I would think somewhere in the $5000 to $6000 range would be a "fair" starting point.

The someone willing to do the work could invest a couple grand and have a fairly nice machine for $7000 to $8000. As it sits anything over $6000 is likely a stretch and less than $5000 just seems way to cheap. I am sure others will chime in shortly!

#17 6 years ago

The issue I see with the pinball hobby is logic flies right out the window when working up prices on games waiting to be restored (or refurbished). If a nice original (not a HEP or something like that) is worth around $9000 why would anyone pay anything north of $7000 for one needing $2500 worth of work?

Basic math: $9000 value - less $1000 for a playfield, $200 for plastics, another $300 for ramps or other issues, likely also needs some board work, flippers rebuilt, and other work (another $300 to $500 in parts) without considering money for stuff like LED's etc or labor the machines value should be right around $7000. I doubt if you would find anyone to replace playfield, clean up all parts, and reassemble the machine for under $500. Now you are looking at a $6500 pin MAX.

But for some reason in the pinball hobby someone will pay $7500 (or more)? Guess I am looking at things wrong but I really think anything north of about $6000 is a stretch. I am not saying seller shouldn't try for more but I don't see the logic in a buyer paying over about $6000 for it?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Appreciate the input guys.

Why would you say that? As you can see from the posts above, there is no consensus on how to price this. You can also see from my posting history that I don't plant seeds here just for the hell of it. I've sold a number of pins to follow pinsiders and have always priced them fair. Just don't know what fair looks like for this one.
Appreciate the input, guys.

With how crazy prices have been the past couple years I don't blame you for asking for the input of others in the community. Lots of machines are hard to pin down a logical starting price on but MM has to be one of the tougher ones. Demand is still fairly high on the originals - not many "project" MM come up for sale - and the current pinball market seems to be all over the place when it comes to project machines so if I owned one and wanted to sell it I would ask also.

Starting a little high isn't a bad idea but set your expectations in a realistic range if you do decide to let it go.

#34 6 years ago

Not to keep beating a dead horse the machine is likely worth $6000 to $6500 to the right guy. If I owned it I would do as others have suggested and list it for $6995 (or something in that range) and see what happens. But to me the "right number is actually closer to $5500 to $6000 based on what it will likely cost to make it fairly nice not based on what someone might be willing to pay for it.

The nice thing about asking a little too much is you can always come down but once it is sold you can't go up on price. So I would blame a seller for trying $7000 and seeing what happens.

#77 6 years ago

Bottom line is the machine the guy originally asked about is worth a good bit of money and likely plays a good bit different than either a restored machine or an MMr. What is the "exact" value can only be determined by a seller & a buyer. It is "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Now the seller just needs to decide if he is looking for a "quick sale" or "top dollar" then list it for sale if that is what he wants to do.

I think there are plenty of post here already for him to get a good idea where he should start. So I think any additional post are just adding to "information overload" at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1997-medieval-madness-new-market-pricing?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.