(Topic ID: 197977)

1997 Medieval Madness - New Market Pricing?

By PinCrush

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
HPIM1520 (resized).jpeg
HPIM1519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
Frank-Zappa_Overnite-Sensation (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Why would you say that? As you can see from the posts above, there is no consensus on how to price this. You can also see from my posting history that I don't plant seeds here just for the hell of it. I've sold a number of pins to follow pinsiders and have always priced them fair. Just don't know what fair looks like for this one.
Appreciate the input, guys.

You may just have to pick a number and see what it goes for. I'd start at $7000 or $7500. even if it doesn't sell that gives you the top limit on it. Somebody will pick it up - that's a great game. The logic others have posted about how much it costs to get it refurbished to pristine is correct - however that's not the average buyer. The average buyer may be willing to get a less-than-perfect game and still save $1000 or $2000. You should try to get it in their hands for the number that's best for both of you. For you that's a number that's high enough to justify selling the game. For the buyer, that's a reasonable amount under the retail cost of a new one.

#36 6 years ago

You guys are looking at it from a business standpoint - but a lot of times these decisions are emotional: "OMG I love always wanted a MM and here's one for under 8k!"" The buyer may not have all the details at his/her disposal to do the math. If you find s local seller to just come pick it up quick, you can sell it for a good number

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

one is LED and one is not so I'll give u that one....original one had shitty speakers, and the new uses new technology, which sounds way better, flippers are different on most machines....confused by castle explosion comment, the biggest difference is the color dmd, which is a MAJOR improvement.

I'm playing an MMr lately and there definitely is some difference with how the game plays. Every machine is different, right, but there is something different "feeling" about the machine. I think it's stupid too! But it's there - maybe it just the flippers only. I feel like I can get more nuance out of flippers on an older game - hit the button more lightly and get a lighter flip. This game doesn't really have any nuance - it's just "FLIP!!!!!!" Or nothing. Still fun as hell though

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya, my flippers feel a little different on most of my machines....not really sure? could be age, coils, etc...but all feel a little different.

Could be the different power transformer. Could be that the pinball controller moves electricity differently. Could be my imagination

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that why so many who bought the remake replaced the speakers first thing? Hey I'm not here to pump or defend anything but the remake I played sounded like ass.

Yep; sounds like they fixed it for AFMr though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1997-medieval-madness-new-market-pricing?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.