(Topic ID: 197977)

1997 Medieval Madness - New Market Pricing?

By PinCrush

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
HPIM1520 (resized).jpeg
HPIM1519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
Frank-Zappa_Overnite-Sensation (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

I'd say a players condition routed unit is about the same price as one of those remakes is new give or take a few hundred.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

I recently turned one down for 6K.

Glad to see someone's not in it just for the money. That is an $8000 game on this website. People here know the quality and value of the original. It can have a few miles on it, but it was built to last. And plays and looks just like an original.

#13 6 years ago

It is easy enough to check the sales history of this or any title. looks like the cheapest one recently was $7200. As much as those with remakes might like to think theirs is worth as much or more, just look at how much the rest of them sold for.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=33.369909511085936&radius_longitude=-117.63673400878906&keywords=&ad_machine_key=869&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=322&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

#32 6 years ago

Is that a real Medieval or is that a Sears Medieval?

#37 6 years ago

It's funny as the op has not posted any pics and all he said is the playfield has some wear and it has some broken plastics and it was in a bowling alley and everybody here seems to know how much it's worth just by that.

Again he asked for reference about what these are selling for and the pinside archive shows low at $7200 but most going for eight grand or more.

#41 6 years ago

Looks like a fine original machine. A playfield swap isn't the end of the world and you end up with a solid machine. Original is the only way I'd ever own one of these again.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Did anybody receive one from the new run yet?

The last run was in 1997.

Differences I noticed-

Lighting is not the same, sound is not the same, flippers are not the same, sequences like castle explosion are not the same, translite is not the same, probably a few more.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It seems to be VERY difficult finding a NOS MM playfield. Can that even be considered "original" anymore?

It isn't that hard to find a restorable original or have the original restored and that service runs about $1000 for a quality job.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

original one had shitty speakers, and the new uses new technology, which sounds way better

Is that why so many who bought the remake replaced the speakers first thing? Hey I'm not here to pump or defend anything but the remake I played sounded like ass.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Or it could be one has 1000's of plays and is 20 years old, and one is brand new right?

More like one uses the original code and another is emulated which makes for all kinds of subtle differences.

Which might appeal to somebody that does or doesn't exactly want the experience of playing a 1997 classic game as it was.

Anyway this thread has strayed as it is not about the remake and which is better.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Until you play a MMr for 20 years with the same amount of plays my argument is as valid as yours....

No argument there. I played a brand new MM in 1997 100s of times and I know the differences.

Again this thread has strayed from the topic at hand.

#76 6 years ago

My bad was referring the emulated code to the flippers. The flippers had a different feel, but the emulated code would be more responsible for slight differences in sound and lighting and other timed features, as those are what I noticed the most.

For somebody that is not that mechanically inclined and doesn't want to work on his own games and isn't that picky, the new version is a great option for those people.

For the purist that wants the game they played back in the late 90s, there really is only one option and the op of this thread has a very workable example.

#79 6 years ago

lol.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Are HEP restored originals really still worth $3-4000 more than a brand new remake?

I'm sure some will still pay $10k more. But worth is a fickle word.

#84 6 years ago

And for those that want the best of the best, sometimes money is no object.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1997-medieval-madness-new-market-pricing?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.