9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nickbuol
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

During a single player game, this isn't an issue, but during mulitplayer games here is what is happening:

Player number 1 locks a ball using the ramp and the electromagnet. It holds it in that small raised wood section on the left of the playfield. This is normal.

Player 2 takes their turn and locks a ball as well. This puts 2 balls into the lock area, and normally the game will drop the first locked ball, leaving just a single locked ball up there. This isn't happening. Both balls are staying locked long enough for the game to go into the "ball search" mode where it fires the solenoids around the playfield and the last thing that it does is fire the one that drops the pin to release one ball. The game can now continue.

This is obviously not correct for it to put itself into the ball search mode. I did a switch test and it registers both switches (one to reflect the first locked ball, and the switch to detect that there is more than one ball locked. Obviously the solenoid to release the pin works too.

It doesn't stop people from playing it, but it does really mess with the "flow" and obviously isn't correct.

This is on my in-law's recently acquired machine. It was doing that since they got it a couple of weeks ago, and this weekend I tore down the playfield to clean everything, replace bulbs, put new rubber on, fix the weak plunger, rebuild the flippers, level the playfield from right to left, put in the correct pitch, etc. It plays great now, but that darned locked ball issue remains.

Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I will pass them along tonight. I tested it with my finger during the switch test. The switch "arms" look like they would only be activated one at a time, but maybe the second one isn't moving far enough when there is a ball in there.

Seems so obvious now... test with whatever is actually going to be activating the switch (use the ball, not a finger).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Union, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1994-world-cup-soccer-holding-lock-balls-too-long?tu=nickbuol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.