(Topic ID: 116218)

1993 Tee'd Off Pinball -2 balls per play?

By chrisram22

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by asay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a 1993 Tee'd Off machine and it just started giving 2 balls per play instead of 3 balls
per play . When I look in the manual the options are suppose to be 3 balls or 5 balls per play.
Has anyone seen this problem before?

#2 9 years ago

Do you have the correct amount of balls in the game?

#3 9 years ago

I think so, it suppose to have 4 balls I believe. Would a missing ball cause this?

#4 9 years ago

incorrect balls can cause many weird problems. I don't know much aboot this game, but just thinking of cheap/easy fixes before you move on to harder things.

#5 9 years ago

This game does have 4 balls and actually I think one maybe held in the upper playfield waiting for multi ball mode. I am going to try and release it to see if that corrects problem.

#6 9 years ago

System 3 games report the number of balls that you need to install in the outhole on the DMD when you turn the game on. For Tee'd Off, that is indeed four balls.

If you turn the game on and a ball is missing, the machine should report that to you and will try and do a ball search. If that's not happening, then you also have a switch problem as it is not correctly sensing all the balls.

viperrwk

#7 9 years ago

Viperrwk - when I turn game on it does say 4 balls on the DMD screen, it does not report a ball missing though and the game stops playing after two balls instead of three as I originally setup.

#8 9 years ago

Pull all the balls. Run the switch test using a ball to test the trough and outhole switches as well as checking any other switches reported as inoperative. Do you have LEDs in the game?

viperrwk

#9 9 years ago

I do have LED's for GI, none under playfield. The machine is at my office so I will pull
balls and run switch test in the AM.

#10 9 years ago

I ran the switch test today and they were all fine, the machine has 4 out hole balls and one capture ball up top as it should. The problem ended up being in the general setting menu...
for some reason the # of game balls was set on two? I had sent the MPU to the coin op cauldron for repair and they replaced the on board lithium battery and did some other things that must have caused the reset on balls per game?

thanks for all the advice identifying the probable causes.

#11 9 years ago

If the battery was replaced, you should perform a factory reset (if you haven't already done so).

The machine will not function correctly 100% until you do.

Congrats on finding the issue.

viperrwk

#12 9 years ago

If I do the factory reset I will also have to reprogram all of the game adjustments, correct?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisram22:

If I do the factory reset I will also have to reprogram all of the game adjustments, correct?

Yup

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1993-teed-off-pinball-2-balls-per-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.