(Topic ID: 296303)

1993 Tales from the Crypt Video Mode Question

By Pinball-DOOD

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFtCmode (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Hey all!

I just recently acquired a Tales from the Crypt and I am currently trying to figure out the deep rule set! I know there is a mystery door video mode but what is the other mode where you “help the crypt keeper defeat foes?” It is described in the manual but I have never achieved this mode haha. What even is it and how do you get it?

#3 2 years ago

Thanks for sending this, but it appears that the video mode isn’t discussed. I wonder if this extra video mode ever made it to the game?

#4 2 years ago

From a quick skimming of the document it appears to be an early effort from a couple hours of play.

If anyone has extensive rules knowledge of the game bkerins would. He does tutorials over at https://www.patreon.com/pinball

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

From a quick skimming of the document it appears to be an early effort from a couple hours of play.
    If anyone has extensive rules knowledge of the game bkerins would. He does tutorials over at https://www.patreon.com/pinball

Thanks, man! Hopefully he knows

#6 2 years ago

I don't think there's any additional video mode in the game, from the many times I've played it.
    It's also noted in the rulesheet:
    "3] Door Prize Select
    This is the only video mode in the game. "

#7 2 years ago

Snailman Do you think item 11 from the manual refers to the door prize select? I haven't played it much at all, have no idea. Are you 'defeating foes' in the Mystery Door video mode? Or maybe the manual refers to something that was planned but never implemented?

TFtCmode (resized).pngTFtCmode (resized).png
    #8 2 years ago

Maybe it was never added! Faded away like Deathball 2000 haha

#9 2 years ago

You can ask ChadH - he wrote the code...

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sonic:

You can ask ChadH - he wrote the code...

I’ll message him! Thanks

#11 2 years ago

Looks like the mode was never added!

#12 2 years ago

Thanks for following up. A fun bit of trivia! Maybe someday we can get that added to the IPDB page or documented elsewhere.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Thanks for following up. A fun bit of trivia! Maybe someday we can get that added to the IPDB page or documented elsewhere.

Absolutely! I say we document it for sure!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1993-tales-from-the-crypt-video-mode-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.