• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by shreyu
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-01-15 23_21_34-http___mirror2.ipdb.org_files_2358_Data_East_1992_Star_Wars_Schematic_Diagrams_E (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

Hi,

I just recently got my hands on my first pinball machine. However the Star wars data east is having a sound issue with Ben says "May The Force Be With You" and then it stops.

search thru the forums and saw that its possible to solve it by reseating the power to the sound board. Can I ask exactly how to go about doing this? I tried replugging the power cables to the sound board but it didnt work well.

Sorry for sounding really noob. I am really new to pinball machines...

#2 7 years ago

Sorry just to add, when it first came it did have to same problem , after turning off and on power for a while it came back normal with normal sounds. However after playing for a while, the next day the music gets jumbled with constant "May The Force Be With You" and then it goes into totally no sound at all throughout the whole game despite many restarts...

#3 7 years ago

Reseat the sound board ribbon cable on the sound board and at the other end where it plugs into the CPU board.

#4 7 years ago

Hi Pinballmaniac40, tried....reseated the CN21 end ribbon cable. Strangely after power on and off a few times some attempts actually boots up with "May the force be with you" but nothing on later on.

I guess this means things are actually working...but just on and off...

#5 7 years ago

I do not see that you reseated the ribbon cable at CN5 at the sound board. Normally reseating both ends of the ribbon cable does the trick. Did you reseat CN1 and CN2 as well? The power cable is CN4.

#6 7 years ago

If you love the game just get a pinsound board and load your own mix or the original. I have had annoying issues with DE sound boards. Sometimes repairing something is not worth the time.

#7 7 years ago

Sorry, the only power i see on the sound board is CN2, 4 and 3. cant find CN5 ribbon cable.

Yeah Jean, likely I will get a pinsound. But I just wanna rule that its a sound board issue haha, dont wanna get a pinsound but still no sound...=D

#8 7 years ago

Correction (sorry was looking at a DE Simpsons sound board). Did you reseat the ribbon cable at CN1 on the sound board? Also make sure the red stripe is matched up on the ribbon cable to Pin 1 on both boards.

#9 7 years ago

yea i did...still no sound...arghhh....I think i got to try to reseat all the cables to the sound board haha.

Sorry,one noob question, the power supply is the one at the top left corner right? and all power comes from there?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from shreyu:

yea i did...still no sound...arghhh....I think i got to try to reseat all the cables to the sound board haha.
Sorry,one noob question, the power supply is the one at the top left corner right? and all power comes from there?

That is the power supply in the top left. -5 volts analog and +5 volts analog are generated on the sound board itself that comes from -12volts and +12volts of the power supply.2017-01-15 23_21_34-http___mirror2.ipdb.org_files_2358_Data_East_1992_Star_Wars_Schematic_Diagrams_E (resized).png2017-01-15 23_21_34-http___mirror2.ipdb.org_files_2358_Data_East_1992_Star_Wars_Schematic_Diagrams_E (resized).png

#11 7 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2358

Click on 2 MB PDF Schematic Diagrams (English Manual pages 46-69)
That will take you to the manual with the schematics.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks Pinball maniac, will go take a look and see if I can think of smth.

Just one question for all, If i replace the sound board (lets say with pinsound) it should resolve the sound issues right?

I Dont think that there are other parts dealing with the sound function ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1992-star-wars-data-east-sound-problem-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.