Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cheezywhiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey guys, been out of the pinball world for awhile and I just sold my 92 DE SW. When did it jump up in price? Why? I sold mine for $2700 (which I'm happy with especially since it went to a fellow pinsider) but looking it up it says $3400-$4000!!! Is that true?

Thanks for any input.

#3 8 years ago

So I kinda low balled myself lol o well I guess

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

So I kinda low balled myself lol o well I guess

I have been looking for one, but I refuse to pay more than $2.9k. So, prob means I will never get one.

#5 8 years ago

I felt like $2700 was fair...it's more than I paid for it and it seems like it's going to a good home. My family and I barely played it anymore

#6 8 years ago

wow had no idea. I traded mine for about a $2600 deal less than a year ago. Very good condition. Ouch, oh well

#7 8 years ago

I felt like $2700 was fair...it's more than I paid for it and it seems like it's going to a good home. My family and I barely played it anymore

I wanted one mainly for the theme. It is a $3k pin max, in my opinion. It is not a very good game, but it is a very good looking game.

#8 8 years ago

Thats how I felt too. Loved the nostalgia and new code but when no one plays it anymore it is time for a new home

#9 8 years ago

I even had the topper too which apparently jumped in price as well lol

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Thats how I felt too. Loved the nostalgia and new code but when no one plays it anymore it is time for a new home

Yeah, If I had one. I would prob just drink beer and stare at it. More than play it.

#11 8 years ago

No way 3k max for a nice one and I wldnt even pay that its not that great but I guess them really helps this pin

#12 8 years ago

This is a title where the price baffles me. I had one I bought about 4-5 years ago on ebay fully working/nice shape for buy it now $1400 (days into the auction)
I enjoyed the game for several months and then listed it on ebay and for sale threads where it took several weeks to sell it again for $1400

I can understand the game being a $2800 dollar game now, in light of everything else priced the way it is currently, but I can't understand it getting cricket for buyers a very short time ago for half the money. (and mine wasn't the only one)

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

This is a title where the price baffles me. I had one I bought about 4-5 years ago on ebay fully working/nice shape for buy it now $1400 (days into the auction)
I enjoyed the game for several months and then listed it on ebay and for sale threads where it took several weeks to sell it again for $1400
I can understand the game being a $2800 dollar game now, in light of everything else priced the way it is currently, but I can't understand it getting cricket for buyers a very short time ago for half the money. (and mine wasn't the only one)

Your story took place before the code update. I like to think the code update helped the game's popularity.

#14 8 years ago

I've been hunting for one of these for quite some time. They are quite the pain to find here (Melbourne Australia).

Best one I saw was around 3.5kAUD but disappeared within minutes while I was emailing the seller

I've been offered one for 6kAUD(4.6kUSD) shopped/referbed but cabinet still requires work.
The only other one i've seen the seller wants 7.5kAUD and the cabinet is pretty bad.

Currently trying to figure out the costs of shipping one from the US atm.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I've been hunting for one of these for quite some time. They are quite the pain to find here (Melbourne Australia).
Best one I saw was around 3.5kAUD but disappeared within minutes while I was emailing the seller
I've been offered one for 6kAUD(4.6kUSD) shopped/referbed but cabinet still requires work.
The only other one i've seen the seller wants 7.5kAUD and the cabinet is pretty bad.
Currently trying to figure out the costs of shipping one from the US atm.

Pretty sure Stern will come out with a SW pin in the next 2 years after the new Disney movies. I have a feeling we will be seeing Star Wars for the next 100+ years. I would wait before you spend 7.5kAUD for a below average game. I was in the same boat, LOVE how the game looks. But play it for a few days and, well you shoot the ramp over and over. Sound is great, artwork is amazing. I would hang it on my wall if my wall could support it. That all said, still looking to buy one for around $2-2.8k lol

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I was in the same boat, LOVE how the game looks. But play it for a few days and, well you shoot the ramp over and over.

You should play v1.04. The endless ramp shooting has been addressed with this update.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Pretty sure Stern will come out with a SW pin in the next 2 years after the new Disney movies. I have a feeling we will be seeing Star Wars for the next 100+ years. I would wait before you spend 7.5kAUD for a below average game. I was in the same boat, LOVE how the game looks. But play it for a few days and, well you shoot the ramp over and over. Sound is great, artwork is amazing. I would hang it on my wall if my wall could support it. That all said, still looking to buy one for around $2-2.8k lol

Not interested in any other starwars themed pin. The 91 starwars de is the only one I want. I've been playing this same pin (when I can find it) since its original release. The desire for this particular pin is much deeper than just its theme. We have history. I've now only gotten to a point in my life that I can afford both the price and space requirements for it.

I single ramp doesn't phase me. I've read the changes in the 1.04 custom rom but have yet to find a location based pin that has had it installed. DE pins are the ones I learned on and the ones I enjoy most (so far). I havn't played many of the newer sterns but I intend to give them a red hot go when im in vegas in sept.

#18 8 years ago

I'm having a hard time understanding here....your upset that someone wanted a pin bad enough to keep bidding until they won it....???!!!

Note to the world..."All pins on E-Bay....NO ONE must bid after a pin has been bidded up to it's market value"...got it...?...get it...!...good.............Joey
Ps...sorry.....wrong thread...lol

#19 8 years ago

The one your looking for is the best one bar none, not even close! It's rules WERE tedious but thanks to ChadH this has been resolved. A side note, this game goes for large bucks on non pinhead sites. Todd Scott

#20 8 years ago

I don't think DESW has gone that high; it's been months since I last saw one sell, but they don't seem to sell fast over $2500.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I don't think DESW has gone that high; it's been months since I last saw one sell, but they don't seem to sell fast over $2500.

Not the case in California.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I know its no comparison but here is a crazy ebay priced one not that far from me. $7250.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-PINBALL-MACHINE-ORIGINAL-IN-GREAT-CONDITION-/141691153353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fd736bc9

From the pictures I can see a fair bit of cabinet wear, some split yellow targets, rubbers need replacing (not a big deal). Right flipper looks like it dropped but that would be fixed with a service.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I know its no comparison but here is a crazy ebay priced one not that far from me. $7250.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-PINBALL-MACHINE-ORIGINAL-IN-GREAT-CONDITION-/141691153353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fd736bc9
From the pictures I can see a fair bit of cabinet wear, some split yellow targets, rubbers need replacing (not a big deal). Right flipper looks like it dropped but that would be fixed with a service.

Looks nice but not $7250AUD nice. But what ya gonna do, someone has to pay the shipping and import fees.

#26 8 years ago

How about some real data. Mine sold a month ago for my asking price of $3400.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1992-data-east-star-wars-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.