• 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cpbassett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

1985 Bally 6803 – Eight Ball Champ.

Flipper Issue – The run down…
Had a previous MPU board, all flippers worked fine with no issues. The board had many other issues so I replaced the board with another one. I got everything else working on the new board other than the flippers. The left flipper has never worked with this board. I installed a new relay on the board. If I swap the 2 coil wires on J6, the opposite happens. (right side not working, left side works) If you swap the two switch wires on J7, they also alternate and work. so that eliminates the cabinet/playfield which brings me back to the board. During the solenoid test, the left side doesn’t do anything. Seems that one side isn't getting power. Schematics shows that BROWN wires supply power, but where does that come from? or is that a constant power?

Not sure where to go next…This is the only issue I have left on this thing...
As I said, everything else is working. And the left flipper did work with the other board.
I appreciate any input….thanks.

2 weeks later
#2 5 years ago

Found the issue....J1 Power issue....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1985-bally-eight-ball-champ-flipper-issue6803-mpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.