(Topic ID: 102012)

1984 FIRE ESCAPE (mech tronic games inc)

By Neverbackdown

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-786.jpg
    image-160.jpg
    image-78.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Hi guys! I just inherited this game from my childhood from my dad's personal collection. (Mom forced him to sell I think)!

I've done some research on value and considered listing it on eBay bit I thought I'd put it on a collectors forum and see if there's any interest for it! It's in very good condition! Only ever played at home. And hasn't been touched in years since the kids all left the nest, and even before we were always extra careful with dad's toys.

If it lets me ill attempt to take some pictures.

So it's open to offers! I'm planning on going back to school soon and need to start my savings. I'm located in kelowna, B.C (Canada). I don't really know how shipping would work but you guys would have a better idea than me on how to acquire your machines

Thank you! Looking forward to adding to your collection!

You can contact me through my personal email: [email protected], text or call within Canada at 250-863-7905 or simply reply through the ad!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-78.jpgimage-78.jpg image-160.jpgimage-160.jpg image-786.jpgimage-786.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

Nice game.

These were made a block away from my house growing up on Youngs St. in Tonawanda NY. One of my childhood memories was riding my bike back and forth in the parking lot behind the building where these were made to just get a glimpse of them being assembled.

I never knew the whole story... but they were associated with I.C.E somehow.

There was a KLOV member looking for one of these about a year ago..might wanna try over there

Good luck!

#3 9 years ago

It's a fun game! Played one at Expo last year.

Like Ice Cold Beer or Zeke's Peak.

GLWS!
    faz

#4 9 years ago

Oh man, I've wanted one of these for a while, wish you were closer!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

It's a fun game! Played one at Expo last year

I believe that was Logan's hardware. Definitely an interesting game, VERY tough.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I believe that was Logan's hardware.

Sounds correct. It was over by their booth.

Yes, crazy hard. I can't imagine playing one after drinking some beer

faz

#7 9 years ago

I see you've already gotten in touch with Brian (Gundam_Pilot_) who's been looking for one of these for a while.

I don't know if this is the right game for him, but FYI, he's a great guy to deal with, and a straight shooter.

Good luck with the sale!

-- Matthew

#8 9 years ago

Yeah I hope I hear back from him soon.

I actually work at loomis express (delivery company, only in Canada? I really don't know if it's international)
    Going to go in tomorrow and see what their policy is on employee transpiration of goods. Hopefully they'd let me sneak it on a pallet and throw it in one of their outbound trucks! Would definitely make shipping easier!

Well, here's to hoping anyways

#9 9 years ago

I would love to get ahold of this game. But for me shipping would have to be damn near close to free since you are in Canada, and on the other side of North America. I would suspect it would be at least $500 to ship it.

1 year later
    #10 7 years ago

Old Thread, but a great game.

I just picked one up and it was delivered today. Plugged it in and works great. Can't wait to restore this (no time soon as I have others in the works), but this is a definitely a keeper.

Has anybody ever seen restoration pieces for this? or made some? I would be interested in a marquee and anything else..

#11 7 years ago

I know there is a guy from klov that made marquees, and decals/stencils

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1984-fire-escape-mech-tronic-games-inc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.