5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
IMG_20120716_180900.jpg
IMG_20120716_141616.jpg
drop2.jpg
drop1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Angyalpor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hi!

Now all of my flippers are working, thanks to robertmee and shock_me. Thanks, guys!

But now, one of my drop target is not working, which hasn't got problem before... It falls down, but not jumps up, even I cannot hear the sound of the hit.
Contacts looks good, the wires are not harm... First I thought, I damage it's cables, when I solder the top flipper (they are so close), but I cannot see nothing on it...

drop1.jpgdrop1.jpg drop2.jpgdrop2.jpg

#10 12 years ago

Hi guys.

It must be a contact problem only, I move everything, change bulbs, repair my bumpers, and now works...
The service mode not said error code, but now, everything is works...
I think, this machine stands a lot, so small errors, like this will come out slowly... Please stay tuned.
Now only one error, I've got, one lamp on the playfield. The bulb is good, if I jumpwired it's holder, then Ok... Not too important bulb, but good, if works...

#13 12 years ago

Ooooo, I'm so happy.
Now I don't know, what to do with that bulb, maybe the playing will repair it...

#15 12 years ago

Hm, a #555 bulb, what shows, the targets draws X's or O's...

#17 12 years ago

I play 10-15 rounds with the pinball, and the top coil is smells...
I open it, touch it, and so hot, not as the bottom ones.
Can you write me exactly, how can I check it with a DMM, is it well installed, or not?

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I know you checked this a million times, but are you sure the EOS is opening up enough when the flipper is raised?

Vaaaaaaaaaa!

10points to you, guys. The EOS sticks are move a bit, so the flipper cannot split them...
But for sure I DMM it.

#21 12 years ago

Needless to say, that EOS is not in factory condition... :S

#22 12 years ago

Hm, now it goes from 0.04 to 0.315Ohms, when the EOS is open...

Is this can be right?

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yep....Try it again....And just so you know, the EOS should be adjusted so that it opens up just at the end of travel of the flipper, not when the flipper first starts moving....That's why it's called END OF STROKE (EOS).

Ok, ok, now it ends almost in the end position... It opens around 1/8"

#25 12 years ago

Hm, strange.

My new, top right Bally coil 0.004 to 0.315 Ohms.
My left, old, but Bally coil 0.004 to 0.300 Ohms.
But the naked, no-name bottom right coil is 0.005 to 0.016 Ohms. Is that enough...?

#27 12 years ago

But, because the Ohms are changing, means the EOS ok, just the coil has got problem?
Even I don't know its values, nothing sign on it...
I think, I will change it for the new original one...
Or any else can cause this?

#28 12 years ago

So what do you think?
Will the problems solved, when I install the original coil?

#30 12 years ago

My only question, what do you think, these wrong values from the coil means, that coil is wrong? Because if yes, then in the morning i will change it immediately...

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yes....we knew the coil was wrong all along...I think 230 posts ago

Sure, but I don't know, Ohms are wrong because of this.
Then, in the morning I change.
A solder everything to the original place. Means, I follow the thin and thick wires of the coil.

#33 12 years ago

Hello!

I change the coil to the new one, and wonder, the buzz from the relay is gone.
But I still count low Ohms, when the EOS is on... From 0.004 to 0.020 . But both 3 coils stays cold, when I play, and odorless...
I got a few contact problems, at the connectors... Especially the feature board's (needs to move a bit, when 1-2 lamps not lighting), and one on the lamp panel (then few playfield lamp go dimmed).
But else, looks perfect, except that one playfield lamp...

I'm sooooooooooo happy.

#34 12 years ago

So, robertmee, and shock_me...

THANKS!

Today the whole family (5,15, and adults) was here, we plays 4 hours on the pinball, without any malfunction...
Will we needs any test?

You should get a statue, I say...

#36 12 years ago

Thanks a lot.

Here, in Hungary, only one X's & O's flipper here, as I know, and even the world there are not too much...
I try to save it. Tomorrow I make a few pictures from it, you should know, you help on what...
Now, only that one lamp is on the way to be perfect, I hope, in this forum we solve this problem...
The real satisfaction: the family feeeeeels so good.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Happiness is a working pinball. Great work robertmee. My own contributions were small compared to what you did here. I raise my Guinness to you!

Hm, guys, when did you plan to go to Europe?

#42 12 years ago

Hi!

I upload a few pictures to my other thread, from the present condition...

1 month later
#43 12 years ago

Hi!

I've got a question again.
I play with the pinball, everything works. Just 3 ball-trough switches sometimes forget to work, but I think, they just need to be adjust.

But, if I play, the bulbs dims a bit, if too much lit. This happens too, when I use flippert. Not too disturbing, but I want to fix it, if possible. Is there some electical part, what can be wear out? Now, as I see, everything is original on the pinball, just I change a few parts...

Thanks!

#45 12 years ago

Now I test it, all bulbs dims. GI, inserts, even the backbox, too.

#47 12 years ago

I mean a few play,under "test".
All bulbs are OK, just it seems like,if too much things working in same time, the voltage drops a bit...
Should I check the main capacitator somehow?

#48 12 years ago

So, anybody any idea, what to check, what to change?

#50 12 years ago

Hm,ok, can I check it somehow? As i see with DMM, while I play, the voltage is changing +-0.5 volts. Or that is normal...?

#51 12 years ago

Hm, before I order a new capacitator, how can I test it? What is the value, what I should see, when I play?

#53 12 years ago

Thanks,then ok, i change it, if this can cause the dimming... Tomorrow i upload a video,and then you can see, that is normal habit,or not...

#54 12 years ago

So, here it is, not too good video, but I hope, the dimming is visible...

#56 12 years ago

Then OK, and sorry about the vid quality... Motorola can do this. But must use Motorola, because the upside down Williams logo...

So, thanks for the help, if nothing to worry, than I let it. Just I try to prevent further problems...

4 months later
#57 11 years ago

Hi!

My pin was perfect, until today.
While I play, the F1 fuse (20A) on the rectifier board is blown away. I replace it, but that is immediately does the same. I think, it must be a short circuit, or something there. Everything is working, except the playfield's lamps. The GUI and PF too, including the feature board. The bacbox is OK, so as the displays, flippers, solenoids, scoring, sounds... So, just the lamps are wrong... Any idea, how can I find the problem, and how?
Thanks

Mal

#59 11 years ago

Can I check it, or test it somehow?

#62 11 years ago

Hi!

My past post was wrong, the GI laps are working, just the playfield lamps, and the feature lamps are wrong...
How can I check the rectifiers? And which can be the wrong? A read the pinwiki, but not not clear, how to test it...
Thanks!

IMG_20120716_141616.jpgIMG_20120716_141616.jpg

#64 11 years ago

Sure I plan to repair it, I does all the repairs on the pin before... Just that is not clear, how to test them... On the pinwiki there is a correct writing, but not matches with the pictures, next to the text... I should follow the text, or the pictures...? That is not correct for me...

#66 11 years ago

Hm, i try to test both of them. The 4 poles are " + ", "AC", "AC", and the fourth one must be the " -" . I follow the video, but the values are totally different, then here. For example, the values between ac and + are the same, both ways. Or one way 0.6something, reverse 1.something...
Is that possible, the 2 rectifiers goes wrong at the same time...?

#68 11 years ago

Means, I should replace the fuse, and unplug all connectors(2 backbox, cabinet and playfield) from the rectifier board, except the two transformer input connectors, and then turn on the machine?

#69 11 years ago

Now, I connect only the transformer input, the fuse blown immediately after power on...

#71 11 years ago

Both of them?

#73 11 years ago

Oh, thanks, I see, I can follow on the panel's back.
What do you think, if I change one, should I replace the other one, too? Or these parts not wear away at roughly the same lifetime? Because it's cheap, maybe worth to change both.

#75 11 years ago

Ok, thanks a lot! I will buy 2 piece...

#76 11 years ago

I de-solder it, and now I found the error with the DMM.
Between the "-" and one "AC" both ways nothing happens.

Thanks, I change it soon!

IMG_20120716_180900.jpgIMG_20120716_180900.jpg

1 week later
#77 11 years ago

Until I will buy the bridge rectifier (tomorrow), I start to repair the shooter rod. The spring was broken, the rubber was old, the rod was deformed... I will buy the parts tomorrow, and fix it.

1.jpg1.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg

#78 11 years ago

More pictures tomorrow, after repair...

5.jpg5.jpg

#79 11 years ago

»

Kbpc35-02 was the old one, Gbpc3510 is the new... What do you think,it will be good? The shop said,they are the same...

#81 11 years ago

Thanks!
Wire leads? Means,i can solder it?

#84 11 years ago

Thanks,I bring the old one to the shop.
I solder it to the board,and works perfect!
Is that possible,now my lamps are brighter? Or maybe that is just an illusion...
Thanks for the help,guys!

#86 11 years ago

Thanks for the detailed answer!
Looks like, I need to rebuild that panel soon...
The black thing on the fuse holder is something paint,or beer... Before I clean the board,the whole panel is covered with it. I will clean it properly soon. Can I use the pinball,before I change the other rectifier?

#87 11 years ago

Hi!

Looks like the pin is ok, I play 1hour today without any problem...
But I found a strange thing... If I push the start button any time,during play,the game restart imediately...
What can be the problem?

#89 11 years ago

Ah,thanks,i tought that is a malfunction...
Then i just need to adjust the button a bit,now too loosy...

6 months later
#90 11 years ago

Today I does the last two cleaning on the machine... The kick-out hole, and the targets.
I forgot to make photos from the first one, but here are the pictures from the targets... And I made good hi-res photos from the horse shoe, if anybody needs repros...

targetclean.jpgtargetclean.jpg final.jpgfinal.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Angyalpor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1984-bally-repair-questions?tu=Angyalpor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.