• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi All,

I have an all original Eight Ball Deluxe from 1981, it was missing a flipper and also had some blown SCR's on the lamp driver board.

Having transported it 1200 miles across Europe, sorted the above issues and replaced the diode across the knocker, I was amazed to have a fully operational pinball.

Now after several weeks of use, a new problem has cropped up. The "C lane", "6,14 drop target" and upper "left pop bumper" have become intermittant in their operation. (All three at the same time)

Looking at the schematic they seem to be on the same line to A4J2-I3. Can anybody tell me the best way to isolate and fix this rather annoying intermittant fault?

Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

I'd repin A4J2, to start. Also give that wire a good tug/wiggle at every switch it's connected to, maybe a solder joint is bad

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Also give that wire a good tug/wiggle at every switch it's connected to, maybe a solder joint is bad

^This. You probably have a break in the chain somewhere.

#4 5 years ago

zacaj and dothedoo

Spot on,
Not really sure which one it is, but wiggling the connection to each switch under the playfield has sorted it. When it re-occurs I will resolder these joints.

Whilst poking arount I've noticed all the caps accross the D E L U X E targets behind the bank of drop targets have been cut which is why they are tricky to score, so these can go on the list too!

Thanks

#5 5 years ago

Replace those caps and you'll be amazed how well the targets will register hits, soft and hard. Check your bumpers too..........

#6 5 years ago

A pretty common practice to cut off the disc caps. I've gone through an replaced any that I noticed were cut off. If you see a phantom switch hit, replacing the disc cap *should* resolve the issue...but not always.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1981-ebd-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.