Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36172267-A102-405E-9010-6DD1FFAEF164 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    flake (resized).jpg
    delorian (resized).jpg
    7B6B2DD6-2314-4864-AE08-4B68817E3BFA.gif
    IMG_3245 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3246 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3244 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3243 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3242 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3240 (resized).JPG
    83FCD8F8-2EFC-499E-9648-1AD306528856 (resized).jpeg
    3B7F9BA7-AD4A-4407-8887-0C9A61379D6E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F1557B67-16A8-4FF3-8CAB-010B6388ED5B (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merfeldma.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for trade

FS: 1981 DeLorean Manual Transmission

Added: 2020-05-27 17:31:30 UTC • Ended: July 5th, 2020

Price

Trade
    Listed at $ 28,000

Throwing out the idea of listing my 1981 DeLorean on Pinside for trade on multiple pins, cash offers will also be considered. Purchased the car from a dealership in WI and cleaned the fuel system completely out and only running ethanol-free gas since then. In 2020 had the fuel distributor rebuilt by DMC-Midwest, all new spark plug wires, new plugs, new distributor cap, new door light assemblies. Newer tires and brakes installed by the previous owner.
    Mileage is unknown due to the speedometer being changed out by the previous owner to the upgraded 140mph version over the stock 85mph. I will update photos over the weekend since some things are being worked on at the moment.
    Items to address: Car starts cold very well, after idling for an extended period of time it occasionally misses on a cylinder which may indicate the need for replacing a fuel injector.
    Title is clean, no accidents reported.
    Looking for multiple pin trade offers or cash offers. Please no lowball, the car in it's present state is estimated between $25-30k.

Item photos

1517423317 (resized).jpg
    1517423319 (resized).jpg
    1517423321 (resized).jpg
    1517423327 (resized).jpg
    1517423345 (resized).jpg
    1517423353 (resized).jpg
    DriversSide (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are merfeldma's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to merfeldma's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Oronoco, MN, US

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

You mean I can trade AFM, LOTR, GB Premium and MM for this? I'm in!
    Tough to get them from SF area to you however...
    Great car and a thought provoking idea!

Never say never, shippers go both ways.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

As a fellow owner, I always wondered if someone might try this. I think CaptainNeo here once had interest in purchasing mine. You might wanna reach out to him and see if he'd be interested.
    Is it currently with DMCMW? They are great people and I all my parts/toys from there.
    Any particular reason you're ready to let it go? Simply my curiosity as it would take like, the end of the universe, for me to let go of mine.
    [quoted image]

It's in the garage with my other right now. If I were keeping it I would get it down to DMC Midwest and have Mike give it a good and thorough once over to get everything running like a top. Looking to sell because I stumbled upon another one with all the features I wanted. In 2014 the original owner had a frame off restoration done by DMC FL (NOS frame replacement, performance exhaust, Stage II engine, Eibach lowered suspension, and all original rubbers etc replaced).
    The original owner had all service records, window sticker, etc... going back to 1982 when he bought it new. Couldn't turn it down, but sadly it means getting rid of the DeLorean I listed. Still working on my wife to let me keep both, but I don't think she'll change her mind anytime soon. Can't see myself selling my other one any time soon, it was a dream for over 20 years. While not a performance sports car you get more smiles out of people when you drive by than any other car I've driven.

IMG_1121 (resized).jpgIMG_1121 (resized).jpg
    #15 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

renault or ford engine ?

Renault V6

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

what all are you looking for, your wishlist isnt very big

All games up for consideration. Don’t want to limit the offers. If there are some in the batch I’m n interested in can always sell or trade.

2 weeks later
    #64 3 years ago

Car is back up for sale. At the last minute Drew13 who agreed to buy it and had me hold the car for two weeks backed out of the agreement.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow...is that usual in the car world?
    Ive heard of plenty backing out on a pin purchase, wife, dog needs haircut, lots of excuses in pins.
    For 28k and a nice Delorean, shame.
    I showed this to my wife the day it came out.
    We both would love the car, out of work till Jan is my real world excuse but i also never Pm'd you.

Yeah, lesson learned to maybe take a deposit. The way the buyer was talking for the past 15 days and we were both lining up transport, purchase agreements, bank transfer it seemed like a done deal. I’ve had it happen selling pins that buyers flaked out or simply didn’t show and can say I would’ve wary to sell to him.

2 weeks later
    #84 3 years ago

Congrats to CaptainNeo for making the 4.5+ hour drive to Minnesota to take a final look at the car before making his dream reality. Welcome back to the DeLorean owner's group.

#88 3 years ago

Congrats CaptainNeo
    Now when someone says I can’t believe you have a DeLorean I won’t be able to say “actually I have 2”
    Who said you can’t sell a car on a pinball website.

36172267-A102-405E-9010-6DD1FFAEF164 (resized).jpeg36172267-A102-405E-9010-6DD1FFAEF164 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merfeldma.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1981-delorean-manual-transmission?tu=merfeldma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.