Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36172267-A102-405E-9010-6DD1FFAEF164 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    flake (resized).jpg
    delorian (resized).jpg
    7B6B2DD6-2314-4864-AE08-4B68817E3BFA.gif
    IMG_3245 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3246 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3244 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3243 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3242 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3240 (resized).JPG
    83FCD8F8-2EFC-499E-9648-1AD306528856 (resized).jpeg
    3B7F9BA7-AD4A-4407-8887-0C9A61379D6E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F1557B67-16A8-4FF3-8CAB-010B6388ED5B (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

And to be clear about above I meant a DeLorean

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Of course I was joking, and point taken - and I wasn’t referring to you, but the gentleman in Virginia. Just read up on this - I did not know John DeLorean defended himself in court and got himself acquitted !

Didn't all of them ship with snow tires???

Just kidding... They are cool cool cars.

#53 3 years ago

Doesn’t somebody keep threatening to remake brand new DMC cars? What happened with that?

Magic girl situation?

#54 3 years ago

This poster has hung in my office for at least 10 years

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #55 3 years ago

While at a piano tuning appointment last year I saw this in my customer’s neighbor’s driveway and took a photo. I asked the owner if it had a flux capacitor.

F1557B67-16A8-4FF3-8CAB-010B6388ED5B (resized).jpegF1557B67-16A8-4FF3-8CAB-010B6388ED5B (resized).jpeg
    #56 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Doesn’t somebody keep threatening to remake brand new DMC cars? What happened with that?
    Magic girl situation?

I think there is a company still putting these together with old and reproduction parts but they are a bit pricey.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Magic girl situation?

This is like the DeLorean community's "price bubble" thread of the pinball world. No joke.

DeLorean Motor Company of Houston CONSTANTLY makes this announcement. Nearly every year, they get some of the best free publicity out there when they announce this .........again.

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back in 2007 on Good Morning America:

2008: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2007/aug/30/usnews.internationalnews

2010: https://leftlanenews.com/2010/02/24/jay-leno-samples-new-delorean-dmc-12/

2011: https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2011/10/18/141457164/delorean-goes-electric-company-plans-new-model-of-iconic-gullwing-car

2012: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-17428818

2013: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1067795_great-scott-heres-how-the-2013-all-electric-delorean-drives

2014: https://www.cars.com/articles/delorean-motor-co-takes-film-fans-back-to-the-future-1420662998707/

2015: https://www.delorean.com/new-delorean-production-update.htm

2016: https://www.theverge.com/2016/1/27/10844326/delorean-motor-company-new-low-volume

2017: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/want-to-buy-a-2017-delorean-dmc-12-nows-your-chance/

2018: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/DeLorean-s-Humble-home-could-be-producing-new-12607216.php

2019: https://buy.motorious.com/articles/news/302281/dmc-delorean-2019-comeback

2020: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a30641441/new-delorean-dmc-12-confirmed/

Predicted now fall 2021: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a30641441/new-delorean-dmc-12-confirmed/

Imagine the confusion THAT starts at any car show or cruise-in.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

While at a piano tuning appointment last year I saw this in my customer’s neighbor’s driveway and took a photo. I asked the owner if it had a flux capacitor.[quoted image]

We got something special for that question (back with I had an automatic):

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

It's a silent and happy victory for me every time someone asks.

#59 3 years ago

I owned one years ago. So I have the right to joke all I want.

3B7F9BA7-AD4A-4407-8887-0C9A61379D6E (resized).jpeg3B7F9BA7-AD4A-4407-8887-0C9A61379D6E (resized).jpeg83FCD8F8-2EFC-499E-9648-1AD306528856 (resized).jpeg83FCD8F8-2EFC-499E-9648-1AD306528856 (resized).jpeg
    #60 3 years ago

I live about a mile away from this place:
    https://deloreanindustries.com

The owner Josh is a cool dude, he became buddies with my wife because he banked with her. I see Deloreans in the neighborhood getting test driven more often than not. One thing i really like about him is he absolutely REFUSES to do anything with the BTTF theme on Deloreans. Purist.
    Stopped in the shop to say hey:

IMG_3240 (resized).JPGIMG_3240 (resized).JPGIMG_3242 (resized).JPGIMG_3242 (resized).JPGIMG_3243 (resized).JPGIMG_3243 (resized).JPGIMG_3244 (resized).JPGIMG_3244 (resized).JPGIMG_3245 (resized).JPGIMG_3245 (resized).JPGIMG_3246 (resized).JPGIMG_3246 (resized).JPG

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I live about a mile away from this place:
    https://deloreanindustries.com
    The owner Josh is a cool dude, he became buddies with my wife because he banked with her. I see Delores in the neighborhood getting test driven more often than not. One thing i really like about him is he absolutely REFUSES to do anything with the BTTF theme on Deloreans. Purist.
    Stopped in the shop to say hey:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wouldn't necessarily say he is a purist. His gig is giving the cars some well deserved power through extreme upgrades of the PRV, which is totally cool.

He makes some fantastic products, and is one of the only companies to push DMC to do more than sell 40 year old fuel components.

While dolling your DeLorean up to look like BTTF is cool, it adds like 500 extra pounds of mostly "junk" that does nothing but look like a movie car. Some of the mods (drilling holes in limited quantity stainless panels) are relatively irreversible.

Josh wants to give the car a better platform to be seen on with modern updates to nearly all areas of the car from doing a twin turbo setup with forged internals down to structural updates like a stainless steel roof box to add rigidity to the door opening portion of the car as well as the ultimate upgrade: a stainless steel frame, which costs less than a Rick and Morty pinball machine.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I wouldn't necessarily say he is a purist.

I meant with the look, but you're right about what he does with them.

#63 3 years ago

Man. I really want one of these. Been knowing since I was a kid. The prices have just crept up so much tho! Congrats to both seller and eventual buyer!

1 week later
    #64 3 years ago

Car is back up for sale. At the last minute Drew13 who agreed to buy it and had me hold the car for two weeks backed out of the agreement.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Car is back up for sale. At the last minute Drew13 who agreed to buy it and had me hold the car for two weeks backed out of the agreement.

Drew13

7B6B2DD6-2314-4864-AE08-4B68817E3BFA.gif7B6B2DD6-2314-4864-AE08-4B68817E3BFA.gif
    #66 3 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Wow...is that usual in the car world?
    Ive heard of plenty backing out on a pin purchase, wife, dog needs haircut, lots of excuses in pins.
    For 28k and a nice Delorean, shame.
    I showed this to my wife the day it came out.
    We both would love the car, out of work till Jan is my real world excuse but i also never Pm'd you.

#67 3 years ago
    delorian (resized).jpgdelorian (resized).jpg
    #68 3 years ago

Interested.

Would you accept a giant Briefcase full of coke?

Har har!

#69 3 years ago

Matt, drive this or your new one up to the Cities the next time you get up here. Would be fun to see.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Leave him some neg feedback to warn others about this flake...

flake (resized).jpgflake (resized).jpg
    #71 3 years ago
    Quoted from cpu-slave:

Leave him some neg feedback to warn others about this flake... [quoted image]

I think when you connect with a stranger on a pinball forum who agrees to buy your $50,000 car you gotta take that “Deal” with a grain of salt. Can’t imagine anybody is too surprised that deal didn’t go through.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think when you connect with a stranger on a pinball forum who agrees to buy your $50,000 car you gotta take that “Deal” with a grain of salt. Can’t imagine anybody is too surprised that deal didn’t go through.

Yeah, best to demand non refundable deposit for holds.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Flakes on one deal - will most likely flake on another...

At least this isn't Thunderdome (yet)

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #75 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I take anyone and every thing involved with pinball with a grain of salt.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

no , a deal is a deal, doesn't matter what the content. Ive done lots of crazy deals and my word is important, I never reneg. But since you like to shit on so many peoples post, it doesn't surprise me that you make an excuse

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

no , a deal is a deal, doesn't matter what the content. Ive done lots of crazy deals and my word is important, I never reneg. But since you like to shit on so many peoples post, it doesn't surprise me that you make an excuse

A deal is apparently not a deal as the guy still has his Delorean.

Also your post sucks. Allow me to shit on it!

#78 3 years ago

Car always looks like it’s sticking up.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow...is that usual in the car world?
    Ive heard of plenty backing out on a pin purchase, wife, dog needs haircut, lots of excuses in pins.
    For 28k and a nice Delorean, shame.
    I showed this to my wife the day it came out.
    We both would love the car, out of work till Jan is my real world excuse but i also never Pm'd you.

Yeah, lesson learned to maybe take a deposit. The way the buyer was talking for the past 15 days and we were both lining up transport, purchase agreements, bank transfer it seemed like a done deal. I’ve had it happen selling pins that buyers flaked out or simply didn’t show and can say I would’ve wary to sell to him.

1 week later
    #80 3 years ago

Very cool trade- I’ve always enjoyed seeing Deloreans- very unique

#81 3 years ago

my wife is wanting to kill me. I have brought up many times that id like to do this deal and she reminds me that I already have a car here that I dont drive. So I tried to explain that I have a dozen pins that I dont play either. That was the wrong thing to say, lol

Funny how I dont ever ask her when I go and buy new games, even when I bought Krull. But I just think that I have to get her on my side for the DeLorean. If the car was already serviced and didn't have the few issues he said could use attention, id probably be pushing the issue more. But never having had a DeLorean, I really dont know what im getting into on this one

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

But never having had a DeLorean, I really dont know what im getting into on this one

A whole new fucking world.

If you are not mechanically inclined to turn wrenches on a car, do NOT get one.

There's a difference between turning wrenches on a pinball machine and turning them on a car, much-the-less one that you cannot take to nearly ANY garage to write checks to have them do it for you. Trust me, garages will SAY they know how to work on it. They don't.

And if you are the kind of guy that needs 300+ WHP in a grocery getter, you will abandon a DeLorean so fast you don't even know. I went 10 years before doing the engine.transmission swap in mine. 90 WHP is anemic at best, and most don't have the patience or fortitude to deal with it.

#83 3 years ago

Ran across this video and it has a short talk about the Delorean plant in Texas

1 week later
    #84 3 years ago

Congrats to CaptainNeo for making the 4.5+ hour drive to Minnesota to take a final look at the car before making his dream reality. Welcome back to the DeLorean owner's group.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

As a fellow owner, I always wondered if someone might try this. I think CaptainNeo here once had interest in purchasing mine. You might wanna reach out to him and see if he'd be interested.

Called it!!

#86 3 years ago

this car has always been my bonded car, ever since I wanted a car. If cars could be familiars, this one is mine. Loved mine more than the girlfriend I had at the time I bought it, and every year I had it. Unfortunately for the cars sake. I had to sell it, since I couldn't keep it safe. Plus i was on tour a lot and the area I lived in, wouldn't have been good for it. It will be great to be back in the club when I get the bugs worked out.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Called it!!

Wow you called this day 1. Nice

#88 3 years ago

Congrats CaptainNeo
    Now when someone says I can’t believe you have a DeLorean I won’t be able to say “actually I have 2”
    Who said you can’t sell a car on a pinball website.

36172267-A102-405E-9010-6DD1FFAEF164 (resized).jpeg36172267-A102-405E-9010-6DD1FFAEF164 (resized).jpeg
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1981-delorean-manual-transmission/page/2?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.