• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by Rikoshay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210912_003734 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Conrad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 84 days ago

Hello everyone,

I acquired a 81' Barracora. The playfield needs loving and all. But a family member offered it up for free and now this makes it number 3 I own. He told me I could have it as long as he could play it again. He has had it in his basement 30 years. It looks like someone took the mylar off and wrecked some of the playfield doing so. I am having issues with the displays. They fired up by his house, game was not starting and appeared to be stuck in game play mode with no sound etc when turned on. I took the machine home. Realized he had old alkaline batteries in that luckily had not produced acid and dripped on the boards. So I replaced them with lithium batteries. I gave it a once over. Seen a little burning on the 120v connector for the lighting attached to the power board which I considered normal for its age. I reset the game and than it fired right up. Sound is working, all the flippers, lights, bumpers etc. It was scoring as well. Than the second game in. The displays started flickering and going haywire. Than they went out completely after that. The first video is the first game playing one handed, second link is of them going haywire. So I'm assuming it is not getting voltage and something died. Everything else works, so I would think the power board is working at least partially, but where is the 5 volt to test and the 100v plus and negative sides? Some insight and advice would be great as this is my first time tackling these issues, and won't be the last. Like I stated before, it starts a game, it plays, it has sound and goes through the three balls with no displays of any kind now. Does everyone think its a power board or a the display driver? I'm assuming I will only know with some tests done. Thank you in advance for any and all help from a newer pin owner

First Video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vNMLZ4qR9S5FJQ8n7

Second Video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wtpxNV13S38CVan49

Thank you

Conrad

20210912_003734 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Conrad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside