New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 270520)

1980 Black Knight colors

By ChrisM

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by newtoit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200505_174258 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

First, apologies as my usage of this site has literally been less than sporadic for many years, and likely won't be substantial any time soon. I'm certain this has been asked and answered, please bear with me.

I'm in the process of carefully and lovingly doing a full restoration on a 1980 Black Knight. The lower cabinet has been meticulously leveled and painted a lovely gloss black. Can anyone point me to the correct colors for the red and yellow accents? I have acquired Pinball Pimp stencils and am ready to shoot these colors. Many thanks!

20200505_174258 (resized).jpg
#2 4 months ago

Wow, as I recall, Pinside was THE place to find a community full of answers. No answer for a simple paint question? I guess nobody is doing cabinet restoration anymore? Shocked, to say the least.....

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from ChrisM:

Wow, as I recall, Pinside was THE place to find a community full of answers. No answer for a simple paint question? I guess nobody is doing cabinet restoration anymore? Shocked, to say the least.....

Come back when you have a topper to complain about...

But in all seriousness , there's lots of new posts every day, not everyone is here because they do restorations daily, so perhaps expecting a reply in less than 24 hours is a bit ambitious, or maybe it went unnoticed so far and this bump will bring it to the attention of people who can help.
Whether they still want to help after the way you bumped is another question though...

I for one have never done anything like this so I can't help, but I wish you good luck on your restoration.

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from ChrisM:

Patience grasshopper.

This is the best place to find information, but you sometimes have to do a little legwork. Two things to try:

- post in the BK Club thread, there should be plenty of people there that can help.

- look up some restoration threads and reach out to the pinsider that did it and ask.

GL!

#5 4 months ago

What I can tell you is to NOT use Krylon Fusion paint. I made that mistake with the BK cabinet that I restored.

#6 4 months ago

I did a BK restoration a little while back.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-black-knight-playfield-swap-and-shop-out

Unfortunately I didnt write down the paint color.

#7 4 months ago

Found this. It may be helpful.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cabinet-colors-pinbot
It says BK colors are the same as Pinbot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside