Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by newmanoconnor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5490 (resized).JPG
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hey everybody. I have recently purchased a replacement MPU for my sys7 Black Knight. My old MPU was locked up and I'm not sure if it was because the previous owner had put the wrong connectors back on the wrong spot. It was also badly corroded st the battery holder.

I have uploaded a couple images of the current set up. Can anyone tell me if anything jumps out as wrong? There is a bit of corrosion on the driver board from the batteries.

I just want to make sure when I plug in the new MPU that I'm not just going to immediately fry it because the connections have been wrong the whole time. Thank you!

IMG_5485 (resized).JPG

IMG_5490 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

Also the pink circle can be disregarded as it was from a previous question about the heat created by those lamp resistors. Mostly just trying to figure out if these wires coming in are in the right spot on both the MPU and driver. Thank you for any assistance!

#3 2 years ago

Offhand everything looks ok. I can confirm when I get home.

#4 2 years ago

Also verify the 'in-line' connectors down in the neck of the game. Make sure the wire colors match on both sides of the harness.

#5 2 years ago

smailskid and cody_chunn Thank you for the feedback. I will be replacing these boards hopefully this weekend and do not want to instantly fry them because something was wrong before I even started.

#6 2 years ago

Checking those inline connectors going down into the cabinet is critical. They can be connected improperly and doing so will fry much of the logic. Also make sure you have the ground braid connected to the stud and wingnut on the bottom of the backbox.

I think most of the on-board connectors may be keyed but I don't recall 100%.

#7 2 years ago

toyguy thanks for the info. I got in over my head really fast with this. I wanted a "project" thinking it would just take some elbow grease and troubleshooting. Didn't expect battery corrosion and a locked up MPU.

#8 2 years ago

Don't sweat it you're not running into anything out of the normal for this game. Like others have said make sure the connectors for the head and playfield are correct; you will regret it if they aren't and you flip the switch .

#9 2 years ago

If your going with the rottendog 327 mpu, before you plug anything in, check you voltages at the power supply.

#10 2 years ago

I checked with mine. Everything looks correct

#11 2 years ago

smailskid thank you for checking! I also checked the connectors in the neck and all looks correct or at least wire colors match on both sides of the connectors.

#12 2 years ago

You buy the beer and .156 pins n connectors and we can have a moles party!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside