IMG_1099 (resized).jpg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpg
IMG_1096 (resized).jpg
IMG_7901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7898 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7897 (resized).jpeg
SmartSelect_20240227_235734_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Are you talking about the large circle? I replaced mine with some custom made decals. I made it in two layers. a clear layer and a white layer.

I just picked one up and even though the PF is pretty worn it plays good. I'd like to replace the decal on the center insert. canoncitypb would you be willing to print one and mail it to me?

Thanks!
15867135558687792130790112102960 (resized).jpg15867135558687792130790112102960 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#17 3 years ago

Gahh the drop targets on this era of Williams games is such a pain in the rear.. Some were not registering when they knocked down. So I tore mine all apart tonight and deep cleaned them

Mines coming along nicely though. Playfield is blown out bad but she plays really nice TBH. Maybe Outsidedge will hardtop this one eventually.

I had some really gross colored GI and moved some stuff around to make it more friendly when playing in a dim room. Pics before and after, what do you guys think??

Before
SmartSelect_20201224-213331_Gallery (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20201224-213331_Gallery (resized).jpg

After
20201224_213141 (resized).jpg20201224_213141 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#19 3 years ago

Nice score! Looks like your captive ball is missing. Overall pretty good shape. My playfield is toast. But it was free, no complaints here.

#21 3 years ago

Someone in another forum just designed some Stellar Wars colored apron cards if anyone wants to slap them on their game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/22#post-6122749

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I didn’t post up. So the repair was interesting. The kick out coil lug was grounding out to the metal screw in the pf. This was blowing the fuse.
Anyone look at their coil to make sure it isn’t touching the screw?
[quoted image]

I haven't checked mine. But I have noticed that on mine, this coil will fire twice. Seems odd but I've never looked into it.

2 months later
#29 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

there may be a printable graphic floating around. Can anyone send me a link?

canoncitypb sent me the file. I can forward it to anyone who needs it. Send me a PM with your email.

2 weeks later
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I noticed these guys changed the playfield a little bit by adding 9 lights under the captive ball area. I wonder if its just lighted or the lights go on as the ball goes up the track, that would be cool.
http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa090713stellarwars2.html#70

I've only seen a couple posts on here, it might be worth reaching out to HSA to see how they went about doing that. Was the playfield constructed in that way? Or was this done afterwards with a CNC router?

I'd love to figure it out and create something similar for mine. But im not sure the right way to go about it.

7 months later
#58 2 years ago

I may be by myself on this one, but I love the sweeping sound on Stellar Wars. (Option 35 in adjustments)

Throughout the 33 different sounds to choose from Ive found a handful that I like. But Ive also found something I dont.

For whatever reason, the sweeping sound is louder than the rest of the sounds in the game. Is there a way to make the volume for the regular game sounds match volume for the sweeping sound?

Thanks

1 week later
#61 2 years ago

Mine is pretty close to 6 degrees. Im using the Pinball leveller app.

4 months later
#68 1 year ago

Yep, follow Vids thread. It will help you get it running. My Stellar Wars is cosmetically the worst game in my collection. But I kid you not, it gets more plays than my others. I think it's because the objectives are simple but the machine can be pretty tough to master.

4 months later
#70 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I have a question, the big bulbs in the center, under the plastic. Are those #89 (12v) bulbs?
Amazingly, I can't find anywhere in the manuals that mentions it other than a reference to #89's being used for "flashers"
I was thinking it would be pretty cool to add a string of LED's on the guard behind the flippers that are wired to the big flashers so they would give an additional bright flash when STELLAR WARS is completed. I just need to make sure I get the right voltage LED's!

Mine are LEDs but they're on all the time. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but it's always been that way and i don't mind it. I'll have to check mine in the next day or two.

#72 1 year ago

Yep, these are #89 bulbs. Indicated by the grey/black wire here in the manual.

20221018_154111 (resized).jpg20221018_154111 (resized).jpgorca-image--829769607 (resized).jpegorca-image--829769607 (resized).jpeg
#73 1 year ago

Mine are 13v comet red flashers. They're on dim and flash much brighter when the sequence is completed. I could probably clip the resistors and they would work as intended but I like it the way it is. You rarely ever see the crosshairs image otherwise.

Opinions, to each their own.

3 weeks later
#75 1 year ago

Did a Topside teardown and cleaned the playfield on my Stellar Wars this weekend, and finally installed the flipper rebuilt kit I had purchased. She's playing really nicely again.

20221114_190423 (resized).jpg20221114_190423 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#79 1 year ago

Classic Arcades on Ebay

ebay.com link: itm

ebay.com link: itm

I would message them and see if you can bundle them both together.

#80 1 year ago

Decided I'm ready to do my first playfield swap, got a pretty fair deal on a used, but pretty good playfield on eBay. I've done a few touch ups and I'm going to have a local friend do an automotive clearcoat on it.

Wish me luck!

received_712232427300617 (resized).jpegreceived_712232427300617 (resized).jpegreceived_3395319567410088 (resized).jpegreceived_3395319567410088 (resized).jpegreceived_3499624100363682 (resized).jpegreceived_3499624100363682 (resized).jpeg20230203_003532 (resized).jpg20230203_003532 (resized).jpg
#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

In attract mode are the amber arrows pointing to the drops that spell stellar supposed to be on solid or do they cycle on and off like the other lamps.
Just got the game running this evening and sorting out what issues remain. Have at least two burned coils to replace and probably need to rebuild the drop target assemblies.

Im not home so I can't recall on the insert lights.
But if you have a fiberglass pencil, they work wonders on the sliding target boards. Don't forget to clean the horseshoe contacts too.

1 month later
#89 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Was playing around with the background sound settings (adjustment 35) and I like #17 as a selection but it continues to play after ball 3 drains and your in game over mode. Other selection numbers, like factory recommended #30 act as normal and shut of once the game is over.
Can anybody do a test and see if their #17 continues to play at game over? I'm just curious as it seems very strange. thanks
PS: does anybody have a sound board volume pot replacement source? I can only find 3 in line leg lead pots on the parts suppliers sites but these are a 4 leg box style.

Message Todd at Www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com and see if he has them specifically. I seem to remember him having the kit.

I'll check my Stellar Wars sound #17 later.

**edit** looks like he has his site down right now.

Maybe check in a week or so.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

mine does, its the only one that keeps going after game over...strange

What's your favorite of all of these sounds? Ive picked a handful but I know I have not been through all of them.

For the most part all I've heard is that several people prefer it to be off. I kinda like it to have a sound myself.

4 months later
#97 8 months ago

Playfield is finished with the clearcoat. Can't wait to start the swap soon!

IMG_3734 (resized).jpgIMG_3734 (resized).jpgIMG_3735 (resized).jpgIMG_3735 (resized).jpgIMG_3736 (resized).jpgIMG_3736 (resized).jpg
#99 8 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

looks really sharp!
How does the graphic inside the big lighted center look? that's a tricky one to get right.

I wish I had remembered to check that before the clearcoat. Because I have a decal that I could have applied. Hopefully it's in good condition.

1 week later
#101 7 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just installed new add on Stellar Wars 2022 (aka SpaceBattle 2022). It is an additional board to add on to your game. Not hard at all. What you get is a whole new game with music, callouts, new sounds, new rules, modes, and a wizard mode. Link below for the store to purchase. Great support even for non-tech guys like me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1304-roygbev-pinball/09092-retropinupgrade-rev-102-arduino-board-assembled-programmed

Thanks for the heads up! I've been excited about this since he released the Stellar Wars 2022 video on youtube last March. Im about to do a playfield swap on mine and Ill definitely have this ready after thats finished!!

I already have the upgraded rules in my Bally Eight Ball and I enjoy that game much more now.

2 months later
#112 5 months ago

Still haven't started on my playfield swap, I'm guessing it will be a winter project at this point. I'm curious though, anyone ever run into sound problems with Stellar Wars. My sound has worked great for years, but here recently it'll have sounds for the first 15-30 seconds after powering on the machine then they just drop out.

3 months later
#114 55 days ago

Each bank drop advances different things. They are not dependent on the other banks.

Here's the instruction card to see what they increase.

SmartSelect_20240227_235734_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20240227_235734_Chrome (resized).jpg
#116 54 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Yea, it’s as long as you can hit 16-17-18 and don’t have to hit 19 to advance is what I’m concerned with. I guess I’ll find out when I get it home. lol

I want to say the MPU needs to see 16-17-18 all at one time to register 19. Because IIRC when the drop targets are down the switch # stays active until the bank resets.

Luckily the replacement boards are way more reliable than the originals. But you'll have to find 3 banks of drop targets to swap back in.

2 weeks later
#124 39 days ago

Nice job. I'm getting ready to do a playfield swap on mine. I got a little buried with other repair jobs for friends over the winter. But really need to start on my own stuff.

I'm debating doing yoppsicles as well. But I thought they wouldn't work on games with a lamp matrix. At least that's what it says on comets description for them.

#127 39 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Is it a reproduction playfield, or a nice original?

It's an original I found on eBay for a good price. Needed some touchup work. But it's clearcoated and looking great now.

#128 36 days ago

So, for anyone else interested... this weekend a friend told me about a socketless LED option for Williams games similar to Yoppsicles.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1304-roygbev-pinball/08453-10-warm-white-steadystrips-for-williams-sys-3-11

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-williams-stellar-wars-clubmembers-and-fans-only?tu=flashball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.