Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by Schwaggs
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15867135558687792130790112102960 (resized).jpg
left drop targets pic (resized).jpg
center decal 7 small (resized).jpg
center decal 2b lighter small (resized).jpg
DSCN2116 (resized).JPG
DSCN2115 (resized).JPG
DSCN2114 (resized).JPG
AE94C173-C37C-48B9-BD65-0B41D0FE170B (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I can't figure out why more people don't count Stellar Wars up there with many of the early 80s machines. This is a great machine that is well balanced and fun to play. I get that the artwork isn't the best, but overall, the game is great. I thought it was probably time to create a club for people who appreciate a machine that Steve Ritchie says is still one of his favorites.

I've documented some repairs I did to my machine, including some playfield touch-ups and a game play video here: https://canoncitypinball.blogspot.com/2018/12/1979-williams-stellar-wars-pinball.html

Lets open a discussion of what you like most about this game.

4 weeks later
#2 1 year ago

Picked one up cheap, thought about restoring it.

Missing blackglass, pf glass, displays, boards, cabinet is tweaked.... Unfortunately I am giving up on it. If anyone needs a part I may have it.

AE94C173-C37C-48B9-BD65-0B41D0FE170B (resized).jpeg

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Picked one up cheap, thought about restoring it.
Missing blackglass, pf glass, displays, boards, cabinet is tweaked.... Unfortunately I am giving up on it. If anyone needs a part I may have it.
[quoted image]

I'd be interested in the whole thing if only you were closer. Anybody heading towards Illinois that could haul this? Mike

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

If anyone needs a part I may have it.

That is too bad. That many missing parts, it is probably of more use as a parts machine now. There is a playfields wanted thread here on pinside. You may find some interest there. If you had a rottendog board in your firepower, you may be able to get it up and playing by borrowing some parts.

#5 1 year ago

I have a couple of mostly working boards on ebay right now if anyone is looking to restore this machine. I'd certainly give you a pinside discount.

Added 12 months ago:

Sold.

4 months later
#6 1 year ago

Started to work on my center insert.

I've created a new art filed of the outer and inner art. I'll put the outer on white decal paper and the inner on clear. Here are some pics of me prepping the insert.
DSCN2114 (resized).JPGDSCN2115 (resized).JPGDSCN2116 (resized).JPG

center decal 2b lighter small (resized).jpgcenter decal 7 small (resized).jpg
6 months later
#7 6 months ago

The other day I noticed the leaf switch behind the Left 3-Bank Drop Targets was missing wires so the switch never closes when the ball hits it. I tried wiring the correct wires to it based on the switch matrix and it now registers but now the game no longer awards you the letter T no matter how many times you hit all the drops. If some one could snap a few good pics of the wiring for the drop target bank and post it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 month later
#8 4 months ago

Hope this helps - PS if anyone knows how to replace the center decal/mylar - please let me know

left drop targets pic (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9 4 months ago

Are you talking about the large circle? I replaced mine with some custom made decals. I made it in two layers. a clear layer and a white layer.

1 month later
#10 82 days ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Are you talking about the large circle? I replaced mine with some custom made decals. I made it in two layers. a clear layer and a white layer.

I just picked one up and even though the PF is pretty worn it plays good. I'd like to replace the decal on the center insert. canoncitypb would you be willing to print one and mail it to me?

Thanks!
15867135558687792130790112102960 (resized).jpg

#11 77 days ago

I also need the center decal. Has anyone replaced it yet so we can see photos of how it looks

#12 77 days ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

It would be great if you could share the files you have for this, my playfield needs them too ... thank you !

#13 77 days ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

It would be great if you could share the files you have for this, my playfield needs them too ... thank you !

I think almost EVERY Stellar Wars needs repair at/around that insert!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 11.00
550 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Powell, OH
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
Pinball Haus
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside