Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by drscottsmith
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 7.11.03 PM (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

I have a 1979 Supersonic in great condition. The game powers up fine, but blows a fuse (#f4, 5v) when I hold the right flipper in for longer than a few seconds. I checked the manual to make sure I had the proper fuse inserted, I did, but would anyone recommend where to begin in solving the problem? I've read that poor-dirty soldering can result in shorts, but any advice on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! -Alex

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 7.11.03 PM (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

Last time I dealt with the same issue on an early Bally SS, the EOS switch on that flipper was not being fully opened by the cam on the flipper assembly - the high side of the coil was staying energized instead of switching over to the low side for holding. In this case it was made worse by the fact that the flippers were so worn that the switch would open and then kind of bounce partially closed because of the slop in the mechanism.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.00
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside