Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

StarLog_025_0050.jpg
StarLog_025_0049.jpg
StarLog_025_0048.jpg
StarLog_025_0000.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Some of you pinball history buffs may have seen this before but I was looking through an old issue of Starlog Magazine from August 1979 and came across this Bally promo and story. You can win a Bally Star Trek pinball machine worth $1800, plus a $10 roll of quarters! All you have to do is come up with some exciting and colorful backglass art. I wonder who won 1st prize? Also there is a short story about Bally's new art direction mentioning artist Paul Faris and Dave Christensen. Enjoy!

StarLog_025_0000.jpg StarLog_025_0048.jpg StarLog_025_0049.jpg StarLog_025_0050.jpg
#2 5 years ago

That is badass.

I have the KISS contest pinball promo, but I had never seen the ST one.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks vid1900, to hear that from you means I found a nugget of pinball history! Looks like they gave the contestants about a month or less to submit. Not much time for a masterpiece of backglass art.

#4 5 years ago

More odd is that ad for Voltan, a game that seemingly did not get any promotion and only had 300 made....

...or is that some kind of article?

1 year later
#5 4 years ago

For reference, I posted a scan of the results to this art contest in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-articles-in-old-magazines-and-newspapers/page/2

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
$ 47.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside