(Topic ID: 205517)

1979 Sharpshooter by Game Plan - power supply problem(s)

By njPinWiz

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PS_8 (resized).JPG
Power_Supply_PSU-1 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Restoring a Sharpshooter by Game Plan and running into some electrical related issues, maybe someone can help out.
Replaced the Power Supply board, replaced 3 bridge rectifiers on the assembly. Replaced the voltage regulator and associated diode and capacitors.

TP 1, TP 3 and TP 4 putting out correct voltages, but TP 2 is not. TP 2 should be putting out 5v, it's putting out about 1.6v. Checked voltage going into leg of the voltage regulator and it measures 3.2v in and putting 1.9v or so out. Odd. When I disconnect the wire to the regulator and test, it's receiving 33v (extremely high I would think). I double-checked the output lugs on the transformer, and all are putting out the correct voltages.

One of my suspicions is that while I replaced the power supply board, I soldered the wiring the way the old board was set up. The game was not booting up at all, so I might have just replicated a problem that was already there. A photo of the backside of the power supply board wiring of a working Sharpshooter would be fantastic so that I would know for sure.

Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this issue, or thoughts on what I can try next? Thanks.

Power_Supply_PSU-1 (resized).JPGPower_Supply_PSU-1 (resized).JPG

PS_8 (resized).JPGPS_8 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-sharpshooter-by-game-plan-power-supply-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.