16783275274338101412289387295026 (resized).jpg
SDB_Q13.jpg
SDB_Coil_Drive_Voltages_Q12.png
Kiss_SDB-Q13.png
16777219156375165715690796642354 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
KISS J2 (resized).PNG
16776367315111398362222777718226 (resized).jpg
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkearns55:

FatPanda I know it seems like I am taking the easy way out. I looked at the Siegecraft addons and read quite a bit...certainly seemed like a viable route. My concern was the fact that some of the lighting isn't working and I am up against a deadline of sorts. My dad would be disappointed in my choice...lol...he was a masterful technician and troubleshooter. Perhaps I lost some confidence when I screwed the SDB repair coupled with the time it takes to troubleshoot through the forums, order components, install and pray that I don't mess it up again! Replacing the board felt like the safer bet. I am going to keep the board and would like to talk about how to troubleshoot and repair it. I just need the time to do it!
You are correct...I meant capacitors. Several are broken off of the switches and I am going to replace them.

No worries at all! Not everyone has the time to make repairs and just want the game up and running. No shame in that at all. Was just offering some solutions and ways to get some money back and not scrapping the original boards.

As an aside (for me anyway) if things get stressful in this hobby, then best bet is to walk away and come back to it later. It should be enjoyable and when I find that I get frustrated or stressed, I walk away and revisit it at a later time.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No worries at all! Not everyone has the time to make repairs and just want the game up and running. No shame in that at all. Was just offering some solutions and ways to get some money back and not scrapping the original boards.
As an aside (for me anyway) if things get stressful in this hobby, then best bet is to walk away and come back to it later. It should be enjoyable and when I find that I get frustrated or stressed, I walk away and revisit it at a later time.

It is strange that I feel badly about just changing out the boards and not pursuing repair. The SDB really bummed me out and I probably got into my head about it. I recognize that changing caps and transistors is much easy than removing a chip, and installing a socket/chip. I do have the ability and the tools to do it. SO, I am hopeful that in a few weeks I can call upon this community again to help me fix the lamp driver board(s).

Thanks for the advice @fatpanda. I will definitely keep it in mind and not let the hobby drive me nuts!

1 week later
#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkearns55:

It is strange that I feel badly about just changing out the boards and not pursuing repair. The SDB really bummed me out and I probably got into my head about it. I recognize that changing caps and transistors is much easy than removing a chip, and installing a socket/chip. I do have the ability and the tools to do it. SO, I am hopeful that in a few weeks I can call upon this community again to help me fix the lamp driver board(s).
Thanks for the advice FatPanda. I will definitely keep it in mind and not let the hobby drive me nuts!

Don't feel too bad about the repair. I totally botched a repair on the original SDB in my Power Play, simply trying to reflow the connectors. I did redo the job, but my confidence in the repair was very low, so I bought a new SDB just to be safe. It happens.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflstfi:

Don't feel too bad about the repair. I totally botched a repair on the original SDB in my Power Play, simply trying to reflow the connectors. I did redo the job, but my confidence in the repair was very low, so I bought a new SDB just to be safe. It happens.

Thanks mikeflstfi I appreciate the support! I worked on the machine this past week and plan on doing some minor things this evening. I need to adjust a flipper and clean the shroud in preparation to be put back on. I think that will finish the playfield work. The machine still needs a lot more attention but for now, it is functional and looks pretty good for it's age!

I will follow up with some pics and maybe a short video once I have it all back together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-kiss-solenoid-issue/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.