Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jonpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Could not resist a nice shape Hulk from 1979. It sits next to Asteroid Annie and the Aliens. Both came from the same source. Some time during their stay with the previous owner, the sound boards may have been swapped. Is there a way to differentiate between the two boards to tell which is the correct one for its respective game?

#2 11 years ago

You could compare videos of both games in play. That would be an easy way.

#3 11 years ago

Nice buy, btw

#4 11 years ago

if you post a picture of both boards maybe someone can compare it to their games or know outright which is which..

#5 11 years ago

I use to have a hulk. There is a dip switch that changes between 2 different sound effects for the game on it. I will say this. If one of the sets of the sound effects is god awful annoying that card belongs in Hulk. I couldn't leave them on that setting. Horrible.

#6 11 years ago

That Asteroid Annie video I posted sounded a lot like my old Buck Rogers pin. Went looking for another video of it and this one sounds different. Guess it's not so easy.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw2sfb_classic-game-room-asteroid-annie-and-the-aliens-pinball-machine-review_videogames#.UQsuLL-um_M

Damn... BTW these guys really bash Annie. I think it's an awesome looking pin...

#7 11 years ago

Don't really care about the AA bashers....i like it alot and thats what matters to me. Got a Gottlieb thing going on lately. Black Hole is next to Asteroid Annie which is next to Hulk. Might have to get Cleopatra and Close Encounters into the same room with the others.....

#8 11 years ago

I think all these stern 1's have the same sound board. Dip switch changes from a stock sound to specific game sound. If in not mistaken hulks rom letter was K. Check the sound boards rom chip for the letter.

#9 11 years ago

Just looked and Hulk says "J" and Annie one says "S".......?

#10 11 years ago

Ok asteroid Annie is right. Hulk has the totem sound rom. You need a K

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I use to have a hulk. There is a dip switch that changes between 2 different sound effects for the game on it. I will say this. If one of the sets of the sound effects is god awful annoying that card belongs in Hulk. I couldn't leave them on that setting. Horrible.

I thought you were joking when you told me those sounds were bad. I tried switching that dip switch and wow....it's god awful!!! And I like the old school sounds but it's like they actually recorded HULK taking a dump and put his grunts into the sound board.....very weird.

#12 11 years ago

Exactly. I don't even know what they were trying to accomplish. Maybe that's why some one put totems sound rom in this hulk?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I just checked and I have a K rom for the hulk sound board. PM me if you are interested. Jon

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I thought you were joking when you told me those sounds were bad. I tried switching that dip switch and wow....it's god awful!!! And I like the old school sounds but it's like they actually recorded HULK taking a dump and put his grunts into the sound board.....very weird.

I thought that as well with my Hulk. Not a big fan of the game, just seemed horribly lacking in game play and sounds in comparison to what Williams and Bally were putting out at the same time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-hulk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.