(Topic ID: 326707)

1979 Harlem Globetrotters/Classic Bally - Really strange issue!

By MrBellMan

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello all,

I recently picked up a project 1979 Bally HG and I need some help with a very strange issue. It's really odd...

I am able to get the game to boot and go into attract mode, but that's it! I can't enter the menu, add credits or start a game. So, in a nutshell it seems none of the coin door switches are registering on the MPU.

I have verified continuity on all wires from the coin door switches to the MPU and even tried to add credits by jumping the MPU manually, but still nothing. I also made sure no slam tilts were stuck. I have tried two different MPUs and both have the same issue.

What on earth would stop my game from registering any signals from the door? Appreciate any and all help!

Peace to you all!

Rob

#2 1 year ago

New MPU connector did the trick! I have never seen a connector have all metal clips broke inside! Wow! Thx everyone!

#3 1 year ago

Just a word of caution - in my experience, the broken pieces of pins is due to corrosion. Take a really close look at the rest of the MPU board and other connectors near the one you replaced, and remove/repair any corrosion.

If the corrosion is unchecked, you will develop other issues as the corrosion eats away at traces and components.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-harlem-globetrotters-classic-bally-really-strange-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.