(Topic ID: 35705)

1979 Gottlieb Incredible Hulk (ball return solenoid, sling shots, target bank)

By springer76

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

HAY PINSIDER

A couple weeks ago a friend of mine gave me his 1979 incredible hulk machine. I have been bugging him for a while for it. i got it home and have been asking everyone i know what they think i should do first being that's its not working. well i took advice and unplugged and plugged in all connector in the backfield. i found the ball return coil was fried (it has been replaced now) also the battery was falling off the cpu so i remote wired it with a replacement from marco( it now holds 3 AA batteries and is as far away from causing any danger to any other components) last thing is the switch under the ball when it comes to rest at the bottom of the playfield seemed to be sticking so i took it apart cleaned it adjusted and reassembled it now it works perfect. Also replaced a few bulbs with the lesser watt as not to damage or fade plastic.

before i did any work i turned on the machine and all the house lights were a go. and once i started rolling the ball round some things would score and others not( now all scores work ) but when you knock down all the drop targets they don't reset, the ball doesn't advance to shooter lane, and my previously working sling shots no longer function.(besides points scoring while ball is in there) sounds on both setting work great as well.

where should i start?

any help would be greatly appreiciated

thanks
jeremy(springer76)

springer76

#2 11 years ago

Start here:
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm

Read, read and read. Do all the ground mods and check all the connectors for acid damage and corrosion. These are the top issues with System 1 Pins.

11 months later
#3 10 years ago

This is a revival of a topic almost a year old, sorry. I had this same thing happen to me. It's a fuse. Wanna say a 3A slow blow, but it protects the kickouts and drop target reset. Not sure if you have a manual for reference (get one--ebay), but it's easy to find and fix with a quick trip to Radio Shack.

But hopefully you figured this out long ago and everyone can laugh at me bringing up a dead thread! ;o)

::looked it up:: it's a 2 amp slo-blow. Even if it meters good (out of the machine, of course), try a new one anyways. Slo-Blow fuses can apparently fatigue over time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-gottlieb-incredible-hulk-ball-return-solenoid-sling-shots-target-bank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.