Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Schusler
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hi guys, great forum. Just wondering if anyone can help with a problem I seem to be having with my machine.

A couple of years ago I had the main board replaced with a new repo one then put in into storage. When in normal dispaly mode(not playing) the tilt will come on and off switching all the game board lights off, sometimes for minutes at a time. With the board up you can see and hear the relay clicking on and off.

It seems to play fine for the most part, but after the ball goes down the shoot the tilt flashes and the tilt chime sounds, just for a second. It still spits the next ball out to play again and all 5 balls seem to work fine but after the game ends the tilt relay buzzes loudly.

When I first pluged it in last week I had no flippers, poppers or targets which pointed to the game over relay. I turned it off, cleaned it, tapped it and it seemed to fix it.

I cleaned and adjusted the tilt switches both on the door and next to the LH flipper button but it seemed to make no difference.

I did try the search but came up empty, any help would be fantastic.

cheers

#2 12 years ago

Hmm. I could swear I just saw a hulk thread on here somewhere ...

#3 12 years ago

There is a fantastic resto thread with a couple of good links but they did not help. I was hoping someone could tell me what might be triggering the tilt.

#4 12 years ago

Can you just take off the bob on the tilt or just adjust it lower? Is your issue mechanical or electrical ?

#5 12 years ago

The bob is disabled so it's not that, I would guess it's electrical but I'm not sure. I was hoping there was a common fault with the tilt someone might be aware of.

#6 12 years ago

Wish I could help. My experience is limited to Williams early ss pins.

Have you checked out clays repair guides?

#7 12 years ago

Sounds like your slam tilt might need adjusting. That's the one on the coin door.

#8 12 years ago

Do the displays sorta wave when this happens? That would be a slam tilt. Go to pinrepair.com and click system 1 repairs. Should be a video of what a slam tilt looks like. Also will point out how to solder on a jumper to bypass your slam tilt mechanisms. One on coin door. One under playfield on left hand side and the one will the ball in the track on left hand side of cabinet

Is game repinned and ground mods too? I would make sure those are done as well. Bad pins can cause odd behaviors

#10 12 years ago

Thanks guys, as said earlier the slam switches are closed. Just having a read through the link now. cheers

#11 12 years ago

Ok so I have a Wi-Wumph board and there are no ground mods done yet and it still has the origonal c1 cap too so I will start with these. The pic of the Wi-Wumph board is different to mine, can anyone confirm where the ground mod goes on these boards.

If I turn the game on and just leave it its fine for a couple of minutes then the relays start to humm loudly then it tilts. Sometimes it untilts for a few second then tilts again.

#12 12 years ago

This was all they had, its upright not longways. It shouldn't matter, right?

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/kt75_photos/P1017474.jpg[/IMG]

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/kt75_photos/P1017474.jpg

#13 12 years ago

Nope. Just will fit in oddly. Might have to extend the leads on it. I believe on pinrepair.com clays system 1 guides shows the ground points on the ni-wumf board

#14 12 years ago

It does, just my board looks a little different. I will post a pic of it later.

#15 12 years ago

Hi guys, I did the groung mods and fitted the bigger cap during the week and it seems to have fixed the problem. Even tho my plugs have bbeen repinned at some stage a couple of the pins were still a little low so I bent them up.

I was hoping the mods may have helped with another intermittent problem I have always had, as you can see from the pic at some stage someone has replaced the 5a slowblow fuse with a 5a circut breaker. Sometimes I can play 10 games in a row without it popping and sometimes it will trip 10 games in a row.

Could it just be that because it's no longer a slowblow it trips too easily?

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/kt75_photos/IMG00217-20120115-1450.jpg[/IMG]

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/kt75_photos/IMG00217-20120115-1450.jpg

#16 12 years ago

Anyone?

#17 12 years ago

What is that particular fuse driving?

If it were me, I would rip that mod out of there and put an original fuse
holder in there and the correct fuse type (slow).

I was never to keen on people doing electrical mods likes cause you
never know if there was another issue that was going on that they tried to
correct/fix....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-gottlieb-incredible-hulk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.