IMG_5464.PNG
IMG_3909 (resized).JPG
Hulk Driver (resized).JPG
Hulk Power Supply (resized).JPG
Hulk MPU (resized).JPG
Hulk1 (resized).JPG
Hulk2 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (1) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LynnInDenver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

Be aware that the repinning is easily a couple of hours, even with the proper tools. Much, much longer if you don't have the proper tools.

Also, I had an issue repinning our Solar Ride where the extractor tool didn't fit the original housings. I just wound up ordering replacement housings for those I hadn't managed to repin the hard way, cut the original connectors off and stripped, pinned and seated into the new housings. Marco Specialties actually carries most of them, although in two cases I had to order one position larger than required, and cut out a key in each one (still keyed though), as they didn't have the exact size in stock. The extractor does fit the new housings, interestingly enough, so I suspect the specification changed slightly, or the original housings had some dimensional shift.

Here's the link. You want the single sided, .156 inch types. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/ELEC-CON?S_CAT2=GOTTLIEB

1 week later
#25 7 years ago

A couple of things to try:

Is the connection between the sound board and the speaker solid? And is the voltage to the sound board consistent? The former should be reasonably easy to check, the latter requires at least a multimeter, and quite possibly an oscilloscope so you can actually watch the waveform.

1 month later
#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Zero-One:

Ok so Ive about had it lol.........I'm unable to remove the terminals from the connector to the left of the driver board connector.
This is the connector that must have suffered the most abuse from the battery leakage.
Does anyone have any card edge connector housings or know where I can buy some.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=77

This is where I got the connector housings for our Solar Ride. As near as I can tell, the specification for the connectors was changed slightly at some point after the System 1 was made, and the extraction tool also changed. My extraction tool fit the new housings just fine, but not the old housings. It was cheaper (time and money) for me to just CUT the wires off as close as possible, strip the ends, and crimp/install into the new housings.

As a note, a couple of the connectors, you'll have to order one position larger, and cut one of the "keys" out so that it will fit. It'll still be keyed enough that you can't really mess it up unless you misinstall one of the points.

#53 7 years ago

All the fuses are standard.

My recommendation would be to attempt a power up with various pieces disconnected. Start with all boards disconnected, then move to connect power supply board, MPU, driver, displays, and sound, powering each time. Basically, you want to see at which point the fuse pops, so you can narrow down which piece is the culprit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LynnInDenver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-gottlieb-hulk-sound-issue?tu=LynnInDenver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.