1979 Bally KISS Pinball Original Legs

By wolfemaaan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

First Post, Wooohooo!

Ok, so purchased my first Pin, The 1979 Bally KISS and it came with Metallic Gray legs.

So in the spirit of trying to keep it as original as possible (except for the beer holder), I noticed most of this model/year Pin I see posted have satin black legs. I've read that Bally did make Gray Metallic legs but not sure if they came originally on this year Pin. I couldn't find anything on this topic and had a couple questions for you all

1. Is satin black the only original color legs the 1979 Bally KISS came in?
2. How can you tell of the Gray legs (or any legs for that matter) are original Bally legs?
3. If the Gray legs are original Bally legs, keep the Gray or go black if that is the original specs?
4. Is this pointless efforts a I should focus on a good beer holder instead?

Figure you all might have an opinion about this old original "as is" parts vs new "reproduced" parts. Seems like there's a tradeoff on both.

Thanks for you input

Wolfemaaan

#2 5 years ago

According to Pinball Resource :

http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html

Non ribbed gray.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Thanks LTG! Not sure why I couldn’t find it. Ok, so sounds like everyone is painting them black for no good reason.

Glad to know these are the OG ones then. They are fairly banged up and the metal is real thick. So they will remain as is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-bally-kiss-pinball-original-legs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.