(Topic ID: 300860)

1978 Williams World Cup Soccer

By pinballstarter

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I just joined @pinsiders today. I recently purchased the 1978 Williams World Cup Soccer Game from another individual. It worked for about 15 minutes. Then the credit button stopped engaging the game. Not sure what happened. The pervious owner had set the game to free play by having a wire in the coin mechanism in the coin door. With the move or play, that might have been disengaged. I'm also told that test 4 readout number 5 should be set to 00 for freeplay. It is currently set to 20. How do I get it set to freeplay? Also, is there anyway to reset to all factory settings? Thank you in advance for your help getting this game working again.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballstarter:

I just joined @pinsiders today. I recently purchased the 1978 Williams World Cup Soccer Game from another individual. It worked for about 15 minutes. Then the credit button stopped engaging the game. Not sure what happened. The pervious owner had set the game to free play by having a wire in the coin mechanism in the coin door. With the move or play, that might have been disengaged. I'm also told that test 4 readout number 5 should be set to 00 for freeplay. It is currently set to 20. How do I get it set to freeplay? Also, is there anyway to reset to all factory settings? Thank you in advance for your help getting this game working again.

Hey, here's a link with a bunch of info including the manual.

It says "liberal" or "normal play" i wonder if that means free play ?

If this doesn't work, consider the possibility that a wire came off a switch, or a switch died.

https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2810

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1978-williams-world-cup-soccer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.