Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by drewblaz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey everyone my 1978 bally lost world is almost 100% restore im only having minor issues at this point. Me and my buddies were pretty drunk playing my pinball machine a couple nights ago. And I remember my left bumper is rapid firing non stop. I dont know how long it was going on for. One of my friends said that I it keeps happening it can blow a tansistor. (I hope that didnt happen, seeing how I just bought a BRAND NEW solenoid board.)
Does anyone know what the problem could be?? Or how to fix a rapid firing solenoid??

#2 1 year ago

First thing is to check the activating switch for bounce. This means once the switch is triggered, the movement of the solenoid returning to rest causes the switch to close and re-fire, then machine-gun.

#3 1 year ago

Yeah, this is totally a switch thing. If a transistor went, it would be locked on. It wouldn't seem to be firing repeatedly, because there would be no "off" time for it to reset to refire. Adjust your sling switches.

#4 1 year ago

Yeah after further analysis one of the switches was rubbing on the metal plate probably causing it to constantly fire. I just bent it back with like a metal screwdriver and it seems to be working just fine now. Thanks for the little tips.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NJ
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 159.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside