Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by honaker22
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello! First let me start by saying that I am extremely new to pinball repair. My wife purchased a fireball home edition for me for Christmas for about $400. Everything worked ok, it just needed some minor repair (new bulbs, flippers, rubber bands, etc.). I attempted to change out the right flipper coil as that flipper was a little weak as was the outhole kicker. This didn't seem to fix the flipper issue so I put the original coil back on. I read somewhere later that the end of stroke switch may need some adjusting so I did and the flipper works great! When I powered on the machine later, the outhole kicker energized but didn't release so I had to turn it off and disconnect the wires from the outhole coil. The game works perfect if this is not connected but as soon as I connect the wires to the outhole kicker coil, it will remain energized until I unplug it again. I don't know much about the schematics, was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction to get this back on track. Thanks in advance!

#2 9 years ago

Don't know a lot aboot this era fixes, but newer machines with stuck coils usually a bad transistor.
Anyone else know?

EDIT: First thing is to look real close at the wires going to that coil and making sure there isn;t a short somewhere. All it takes is a little bit of that wire to be touching some metal some where and tht can cause this issue.

#3 9 years ago

Hey. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely take a look at the wires. The first time that it froze on, I think I left it on too long until it fried the transistor. Since then the transistor has been replaced. I had read elsewhere that it could be a resistor somewhere, just not sure where to start. I have printed the schematics and plan on showing them to an electrical engineer at my work to see if he could point me somewhere. I'm grasping at this point!!

#5 9 years ago

I will take a look. Thanks for the link!

#6 9 years ago

Ok. At this point,I have checked everything that I know of to check. Would it be possible that of of the ic chips is bad and if so, how would I go about checking that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1978-fireball-home-edition-outhole-kicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.