(Topic ID: 121545)

1978 Bally Star Trek

By Corvettelover

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Very rare for a Bally Star Trek to have a ''great condition'' playfield, I have not seen one original that was not worn in some way.
However, CPR has done a run of playfields, I bought one from them as I have two Star Treks. One of mine is a great player, the other is in pieces but just about all there)

Other area of concern with these is the backglass, especially at the bottom (they bubble or flake) I got lucky with my two, one is very nice and one is near perfect.
Check for battery acid damage on the cpu, very common. Fixable, but a pain in the ass. Alltek cpu is a better bet, or a good solid used one for half the $$

I'm guessing the capacitor could be anything from the sound board or the driver board. The sound boards are rare/hard to find but if it's present there are people here that work on them. More than likely he is talking about a driver board capacitor. Alltek makes all the boards (except sound board) for these pins.

If things check out okay, then the price seems reasonable to me.

Good luck, fun pin.

1 week later
#6 9 years ago

The backglass you should be able to ''seal'', they are very hard to get as a replacement, so if it is something you can live with, (not having a perfect backglass) sounds like that backglass is okay.

At $400-450 you can't go wrong if you're into this style of game/early SS bally. It's a really fun game, fun with friends too.
The playfield, you can either play the hell out of it, try your hand at touchup or grab one of the few remaining CPR playfields hanging around and do a playfield swap.

I say go for it, what can you lose? Hell, the sounds board if it works is worth a $100 bucks all day long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1978-bally-star-trek-1?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.