Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4501 (resized).JPG
IMG_4499 (resized).JPG
IMG_4498 (resized).JPG
IMG_4500 (resized).JPG
IMG_4497 (resized).JPG
IMG_4496 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I am curious if anyone can share, what is a fair price for this pinball. I have not seen pictures yet to see over all condition. The gentleman has said the back glass is perfect and over all the game is in great condition, so lets say he's accurate for sake of argument, so if the pinball is over all 8/10 what is a fair price. One catch, it doesn't boot up, he says it needs new boards, but he really doesn't know. Worst case, I know a new MPU board for this game is $200. Whats a fair price if it is over all 8/10 or higher condition but not working, he's asking $400. Thanks for your opinions.

#2 3 years ago

Grab it!

#3 3 years ago

Did you get it yet?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

Did you get it yet?

No, he's suppose to be sending me pictures today of it so I can assess it actual condition. Not ideal but pictures will be better then nothing.

#5 3 years ago

And at $400 what are you waiting for?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

lol. I had a owner on another pinball tell me the condition was great before but in reality playfield was missing paint and planking, so I just don't trust ones opinion of what "great" is.

#7 3 years ago

Even with those stated playfield conditions and non-working condition, this would be a GOOD price. You could post a want to buy add for a CPR repro play-field if restoring. I am sure if you do not purchase, this will be sold very quickly. Bally produced many collectible titles during their manufacturing era; this is just one of them.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Cleanroom:

Even with those stated playfield conditions and non-working condition, this would be a GOOD price. You could post a want to buy add for a CPR repro play-field if restoring. I am sure if you do not purchase, this will be sold very quickly. Bally produced many collectible titles during their manufacturing era; this is just one of them.

Pictures came in today.

IMG_4496 (resized).JPG
IMG_4497 (resized).JPG
IMG_4500 (resized).JPG

#9 3 years ago

IMG_4498 (resized).JPG

IMG_4499 (resized).JPG

#10 3 years ago

IMG_4501 (resized).JPG

#12 3 years ago

Buy it now

#13 3 years ago

or let me buy it!!!

#14 3 years ago

At $400 there is nothing to think about beyond where would I put it.
Mike

#15 3 years ago

Ive,seen it at family arcades in nh.. rhode island .
and other family spots..
It's not sexy girl... haha

#16 3 years ago

Yeah, as much as it stinks for the state of general pricing as it's non-working, that is great for $400 these days. Go get it.

#17 3 years ago

One for sale now looks the same for 1800 .. 400 ?
Snag it up...

#18 3 years ago

thank you everyone, will let you know how it pans out.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Because if the seller gets an inkling that he has an overly enthusiastic buyer, the seller may get cold feet if he thinks it is underpriced and the sale will collapse.

OP is playing the game just right by not appearing too eager. Asking for some pics so that the machine isn't totally misrepresented is a good first move with some follow up additional generic questions on functionality with nothing too overly technical or game specific that will get the seller's wind up him by thinking you are a buyer looking to flip it.

If the machine isn't advertised elsewhere publicly, this method will always work in a buyer's favour.

And in answer to the OP's question, even in parts alone it is worth it at that price, but in order to keep playing the game if you were subsequently inspecting it in person I would follow it up by making an offer of $350 on it anyway.

In the seller's mind, this is a non-working machine that needs new boards.

#20 3 years ago

@ $400 it will be gone before you start you truck . . .

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Because if the seller gets an inkling that he has an overly enthusiastic buyer, the seller may get cold feet if he thinks it is underpriced and the sale will collapse.
OP is playing the game just right by not appearing too eager. Asking for some pics so that the machine isn't totally misrepresented is a good first move with some follow up additional generic questions on functionality with nothing too overly technical or game specific that will get the seller's wind up him by thinking you are a buyer looking to flip it.
If the machine isn't advertised elsewhere publicly, this method will always work in a buyer's favour.
And in answer to the OP's question, even in parts alone it is worth it at that price, but in order to keep playing the game if you were subsequently inspecting it in person I would follow it up by making an offer of $350 on it anyway.
In the seller's mind, this is a non-working machine that needs new boards.

Thanks. As far as I know it isn't posted any where else, I found out by word of mouth. I won't be able to see it in person unfortunately so I need to go off pictures and what he discloses. I was thinking of offering $350 because why not try, I am not looking to buy and flip, I will hopefully get the game back to working order and enjoy it and when the time comes I need space or want to change up games I'll sell it. So I've been trying to guess a bit how much I am going to need to put into it, always assuming worst case because you never know, he hasn't sent a picture of inside the head unit even though I asked, but he says all the boards are present. Will reconfirm that again today on the phone though. I know I can get new mpu, solenoid, and lamp board from alltek if those are missing, but that is pricey, and hopefully all displays work. I'll want to remove that blasted credit button someone installed on it and fix the holes they drilled for that and repaint the front coin door area and head unit, the main cabinet looks in really great shape other wise.

#22 3 years ago

The deed is done, purchased. The MPU does have battery acid damage, so probably will be getting an alltek board for it. Thank you everyone for your input.

#23 3 years ago

Worked out well.

Should clean up nicely.

#24 3 years ago

Great buy! Very difficult now a days to find any kind of bargain in pin purchases. Ensure you update your Pinside collection history with your purchase date and price. Nice to be able to reminisce on your truly great finds. Congrats

#25 3 years ago

So what is the value of this machine in that physical condition, only working?

#26 3 years ago

What are you doing with the battery damaged board?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

What are you doing with the battery damaged board?

Don't know yet, will assess it when I actually get the game in my hands. Its a couple states away residing at my parents until the next time they visit. Ideally will try to see if it is repairable, but the seller didn't make it sound promising.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from cjs001:

Don't know yet, will assess it when I actually get the game in my hands. Its a couple states away residing at my parents until the next time they visit. Ideally will try to see if it is repairable, but the seller didn't make it sound promising.

Dont use the Alltek board, fix the original if at all possible. JMHO...

Its not that its a bad product, in fact they are very good.

Its that the game plays differently.
I have 2 Bally playboys and have Alltek boards as spares. I repaired the old boards, put them in, and I swear the game plays better, smoother perhaps?

Again, just my opinion...

Feel free to chime in, anyone.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Dont use the Alitek board, fix the original if at all possible.

That will be the goal. I much prefer whenever possible to keep things all original.

#30 3 years ago

I heard that acidic toilet bowl cleaner stuff is like the newest cool groundbreaking amazing thing for acid damage people discovered. I forget what it's called - maybe somebody who has used it could chime in, both on the name and brand of it and if it is as good as I am remembering people said it was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
$ 50.00
$ 22.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside