(Topic ID: 225255)

1978 Bally Playboy

By RobMas

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Need help. I don't know much about the machine, but it was working fine before I replaced some old lights on the playfield with a new LED kit I bought from Marco. Then all of sudden it stopped working. I replaced fuses, 7 on the back box and one on the bottom of the playfield. I did not see others to replace. The LED light appears to flash about 5x. When I turn on the machine I get about one note from the power up tune. I have now removed all the new LEDs I put in. Nothing happens when I press the self-test button. What could I have done?

#2 5 years ago

Unplug the power connector on the sound board. Does it boot up but without sound now?

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for writing in, but unfortunately the exact same results.

#4 5 years ago

You didn't replace the lights with the power still on, did you?

#5 5 years ago

Does the LED remain lit on the 4th or 5th flash and can you get a good count or video of the mpu diag led? if it stops/locks around the 4th/5th flash try only having mpu J4 plugged into the MPU. Bad display, lamp driver board, shorted switch or wiring problems can make the MPU fail the power on self test for PIAs (no 4th or 5th flash or the LED locks on for that flash).

unplugging the sound board is a good tip too. if a diode goes shorts on the sound board it causes no 7th flash.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You didn't replace the lights with the power still on, did you?

No. Power was off.

#7 5 years ago

I wanted to send a video, but am not able to. When I start the game, I get 5 flashes from the LED light and then nothing. In between the 4th and 5th flash I hear some action that sounds like the machine is about to power up, but then nothing happens. Also got no change when I unplugged the sound board. Any other advice? Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1978-bally-playboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.