Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by monks0141
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I just bought the game drilled the front lock to get backbox key and look under playfield found several fuses that were blown and just lying where the coin box goes and a used coil. Got the backglass out and found that the mpu board had acid damage, but I had the altek altimate board from another game and a sylinoid bord from altek also. I cleared the memory and set the game switches and the dip switches like the other board don't know if they were right or not, the game booted up I know the sound board needs fixing . The problems I found are the saucer or kickout on the left side does not work or the bottom bumber on the left either when you drop a coin in a credit is added when you mash the start button it takes the credit away and puts ball 1 on the display but a ball does not eject into the shooters lane. You can put the ball in shooters lane and play game the spinner adds points as does the bumbers up top the roll over switches add points as does the other targets, you let the ball drain and ball 2 pops up on display the scores work so do both flippers . When you do the test a ball will pop into the shooters lane ,I the driver board has one coil that lights up I think its q 12 and when I looked on the old board the transistor looked burned at the board. When I looked under the play field no bare wires or loose wires the switches are cleaned but its like the kickout and bottom bumper and ball eject have no power I usually buy electro mechanicals I have one other early solid state machine memory lane but just don't have much experience on solid state machines THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HELPS

#3 4 years ago

My guess is you need to repin connector J4 on the MPU as well as J4 on the solenoid driver board.

You said some of the coils are not working at all and that the outhole kicks the ball out in test. If one of the signal wires has a broken connection the decoder will have incorrect information and will fire the wrong coil. In test, the decoder is probably trying to fire a saucer or pop bumper, but because it gets the wrong info it improperly decodes it as the outhole instead.

#4 4 years ago

thank you I will try that when my other parts come in I just borrowed the boards from a game I have at an arcade will have to wate until its closed again to get the boards back to test the game again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Displays
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1978-bally-lost-world-wont-start-game?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.