Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 61 days ago by OhioELW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Surf Champ Bonus Relay (resized).jpg

#1 62 days ago

when the 1000 light is activated on the bonus ladder and You drain player 1 ball 1 it adds 1000, steps down then keeps adding bonus to the score drums

#2 62 days ago

There are a couple of switches on the Bonus Unit that should trip when the Bonus count reaches zero.
Surf Champ Bonus Relay (resized).jpg
One should let the K/Bonus Count relay relax and the other should fire the O/Outhole relay. Is your Bonus Unit reaching zero, and are those switches getting activated?

/Mark

#3 62 days ago

markg the bonus unit does go down to 0 and I checked the contacts and they all appear to be making and breaking correctly. But the k relay stays pulled. The only way to get it to stop is by manually pressing the hole switch. I’m very confused myself since I’m only 17 and this is my first em. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

#4 62 days ago

While a switch must appear to be closed to make an electrical connection, simply closing does not guarantee an electrical connection. If the contacts are dirty for example a closed switch will not conduct electricity. You could try cleaning the contacts of the lower Zero Position switch above (yellow-black wire to red-white wire) by putting a piece of paper or dollar bill between the contacts, gently pressing the contacts together and pulling the paper out. The first time you may get a grey line of soot on your paper. Repeat that 2-3 times until the paper comes clean.

If cleaning that switch doesn't get your K/Bonus Count relay to relax, check the On Subtract Bonus Unit switch above. It should open unless the Bonus Unit subtract arm is pulled in.

Does your O/Outhole relay fire? If not that could also be explained by dirty contacts on the upper Zero Position switch above (blue-white wire to green-black wire).

#5 62 days ago

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

#6 61 days ago

markg thank you for the feedback I’m going to clean the contacts tomorrow and we’ll see how it goes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11,500.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside