(Topic ID: 163101)

1977 Gottlieb Jacks Open - Want a new playfield?

By Chippewa-Pin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Judoratt
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F9644DB1-F70F-4ACA-8E48-5B8F886F9AB9 (resized).jpeg
20210926_153334 (resized).jpg
IMG_0666 (resized).jpg
162335401621538784997409584017 (resized).jpg
5F5C46FC-FA09-452C-9742-6C19E3604640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0665 (resized).jpg
IMG_0666 (resized).jpg
IMG_0664 (resized).jpg
49F3337D-351C-4F2E-9CAC-150B447BEDCE (resized).jpeg
img_7933 (resized).jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Is Jacks Open confirmed?

Seems to be in the list of upcoming production.

https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/

Thanks

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

Is Jacks Open confirmed?
Seems to be in the list of upcoming production.
https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/
Thanks

This is from Wade earlier this month:

"yes, it is on the radar and I have it ok'd by the Gottlieb licensing fellow. I have 3 titles in line first so hopefully by the time I am finished with those, more people will be added to the list."

4 months later
#53 4 years ago

Good morning. it's been awhile since we've had an update on getting this playfield made. Looks like it's 4th in line (at worst) after he finished C37, but he's committed to making it. Here's the latest from Wade:

After Centigrade 37, I will be producing Fast Draw. Upcoming titles are Strange World, El Dorado, and Jacks Open.

7 months later
#54 4 years ago

Here's an up date from Wade: today he Facebook messaged me that he presently has a list of only 10 for a JO playfield. He says he hasn't checked Pinside in a long time and wonders if there is interest beyond his list. He says if the interest picks up he could do JO after the next couple titles. If you want a JO and think you may not be on his list you might contact him directly with your interest.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Blutarsky:

Here's an up date from Wade: today he Facebook messaged me that he presently has a list of only 10 for a JO playfield. He says he hasn't checked Pinside in a long time and wonders if there is interest beyond his list. He says if the interest picks up he could do JO after the next couple titles. If you want a JO and think you may not be on his list you might contact him directly with your interest.

I was collecting a list a few years back. There's 18-19 name that I will PM you.

#56 4 years ago

I think I am on the list that C-P put together, but likely not on Wade's list.

I am still in for JO.

Lee

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I was collecting a list a few years back. There's 18-19 name that I will PM you.

Please add me to the list.

#58 4 years ago

I've sent Wade Chips list for 18-19 JO playfields. RunBikeSkiLee you were on it. Doghouse you weren't. I'll notify Wade to add you. I'd bet we've made the threshhold and should get in Wade's production line.

1 month later
#59 3 years ago

Please confirm I've made the JO list.
Thanks!

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from mojonitro:

Please confirm I've made the JO list.
Thanks!

Hi Jim. You are on the list.

#61 3 years ago

I believe I was on that list as well. Hope so. Also on the Strange World list.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I believe I was on that list as well. Hope so. Also on the Strange World list.

You may want to check with Wade. I don't have you on the initial list that I was running.

#63 3 years ago

Just found an email confirmation from Wade back in July 2019. I am on the list.

2 weeks later
#64 3 years ago

fyi...I know that Wade does have this game. So it's likely it will happen.

2 months later
#65 3 years ago

It's on his website to do. He's working on Fast Draw now, Strange World next then finally Jacks Open. We have a while to wait yet.

#66 3 years ago

I brought Wade my stripped down Jacks Open playfield earlier this month. Wade has scanned it to add the information to his files.

I agree, he stated to me that it would come after the El Dorado re-release.

Again, a public thank you to Wade for doing this!

2 months later
#67 3 years ago

Spacemanratso09 has asked to be added to our JO list. That puts us at 19 individuals with Dave Jones offering to take two if necessary to get Wade in gear. Wade has been emailed and asked for an update.

#68 3 years ago

Wade has today advised: "It's looking good (JO playfields) and in fact, I have the basic drafting finished. I have several other projects in line first. A few others outside of Pinside also want them so it will eventually happen".

1 month later
#69 3 years ago

I'm in for a Jacks Open playfield! I do have a Fast Draw ordered and sound like its very close to being done. I have one of his playfields in Gold Strike too and worth every penny!

#70 3 years ago

I am also, (I hope), on the list for a Jacks Open, as well as a Strange World. His site doesn't show the progression of titles being produced. So where is he at by the end of December?

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

I'm in for a Jacks Open playfield! I do have a Fast Draw ordered and sound like its very close to being done. I have one of his playfields in Gold Strike too and worth every penny!

Shoot me your name and email and I'll forward to Wade.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I am also, (I hope), on the list for a Jacks Open, as well as a Strange World. His site doesn't show the progression of titles being produced. So where is he at by the end of December?

Just in case send me your name and email and I'll get it on Wades JO list if it's not there.

#73 3 years ago

Got a JO update from Wade. We have 21 Pinsiders in the lineup and Wade has a couple others. He says his next run is Strange World then El Dorado then a custom project. He didn't give any timing. I think he forgot to finish typing what he started to say. Anyway, the template work is done on JO and he now has several assistants so I'd guess we're talking 2 to 4 months? I'll ask him to finish typing his sentence!

#74 3 years ago

I was a too optimistic on the JO job's completion. Wade estimates about a year from today.

#75 3 years ago

Strange World is another I am waiting for.

#76 3 years ago

Worth the wait and thanks for the update.

1 month later
#77 3 years ago

Some good news from Wade. He may move JO up in the lineup. If happens then down to months now rather than close to a year. Will know for sure in a week.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Blutarsky:

Some good news from Wade. He's moving JO up in the lineup. Down to months now rather than close to a year to available.

Does he post project status online?

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Does he post project status online?

Don't think he completely projects status online. I communicate directly with him.

1 week later
#80 3 years ago

Hi. Just confirming I'm on the list for JO.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

1977 Gottlieb Jacks Open - Want a new playfield?

I'd like one for its AAB cousin please: 1977 Gottlieb Lucky Hand.

#82 3 years ago

Good news everyone. I'm thinking you've seen Wade's email and that JO is quite close to completion. Yes, Von Clod you are on the list.

#83 3 years ago

For those of you that are on the Wade Krause Jacks Open playfield list, please make sure you respond to his email. If you are not on the list and want a playfield, contact Wade, there should be a few spots available. Wade is getting really close on these playfields and wants to make sure everyone he produces is spoken for. This is a very limited run. Contact Wade at: [email protected]

1 week later
#84 3 years ago

Bicyclenut. I've been confirmed as being on the list via this thread but have not received email? Should I message Wade?

#85 3 years ago

Ah, so close I can taste it!

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

I've been confirmed as being on the list via this thread but have not received email? Should I message Wade?

YES! please message him

#88 3 years ago

Hi
What is the price usually on these playfields?
Thanks

#89 3 years ago

$650 plus $60 shipping (to the contiguous US anyway), I believe.

Fantastic workmanship from Wade.

#90 3 years ago

A few questions for experienced Wade Krause playfield purchasers...this Jacks Open will be my first one.

Do the play fields have pilot or pre drilled holes for mounting the hardware under the playfield like the pop bumper assembly, drop target and relay banks, etc.

Also what is everyone plans for the metal shooter lane ball guide/lane saver pictured below. I’m not sure if one will be on Wade’s reproductions and if not is anyone going to try and swap it out? I think I read on Pinside years ago not all Jacks Open had these guides so it may not matter for some folks.
49F3337D-351C-4F2E-9CAC-150B447BEDCE (resized).jpeg49F3337D-351C-4F2E-9CAC-150B447BEDCE (resized).jpeg

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Do the play fields have pilot or pre drilled holes for mounting the hardware under the playfield like the pop bumper assembly, drop target and relay banks, etc.

To answer your questions, YES. These playfields are done to the spec from the factory. Everything is done on a CNC router and all cut outs are as they should be. Pilot holes included. Keep in mind you are getting just the playfield. Anything attached such as rails, guides, protectors etc will need to be swapped over from your previous playfiled.
I hope that answers your questions
Dave-

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

To answer your questions, YES. These playfields are done to the spec from the factory. Everything is done on a CNC router and all cut outs are as they should be. Pilot holes included. Keep in mind you are getting just the playfield. Anything attached such as rails, guides, protectors etc will need to be swapped over from your previous playfiled.
I hope that answers your questions
Dave-

Thank you bicyclenut.

1 month later
#93 2 years ago

A bit of a plug for me please. I am looking for a worn GTB Jacks Open playfield. I will be retheming the artwork, so perhaps as others get their new fields from Wade, you can think of me.

I would prefer all the inserts to be in place and mechs anywhere on the back are a bonus. I will be happy with a stripped pf to work with.

-- Thanks.

Added over 3 years ago:

Playfield not needed now. Thank you.

4 weeks later
1 month later
#95 2 years ago

Well look what came in the mail. Absolute perfection done by Wade. Thank you for another quality playfield.

IMG_0664 (resized).jpgIMG_0664 (resized).jpgIMG_0665 (resized).jpgIMG_0665 (resized).jpgIMG_0666 (resized).jpgIMG_0666 (resized).jpg
#96 2 years ago

Beautiful.....I just received shipping confirmation today from Wade and I am pumped to say the least.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Well look what came in the mail. Absolute perfection done by Wade. Thank you for another quality playfield.

Nice - another beautiful repro from Wade!

On to the Lucky Hands now!

#98 2 years ago

My JO playfield from Wade arrived on Wed afternoon. I gave it a quick inspection trying to find any imperfections and it looks marvelous. I hope to get started sometime after mid June.

Lee

#99 2 years ago

So glad to see excited people. I will relay the excitement to Wade! Thanks everyone

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nice - another beautiful repro from Wade!
On to the Lucky Hands now!

Yeah, Lucky hand would have been a much better choice for repro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-gottlieb-jacks-open-want-a-new-playfield/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.