(Topic ID: 155324)

1977 Gottlieb Centigrade 37 - Want a new playfield?

By Chippewa-Pin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by TAAVI33
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you commit to buying one?”

• Yes - Sign me up for 1 36 votes
    67%
  • Yes - Sign me up for 2 1 vote
    2%
  • No thanks - Good luck though 17 votes
    31%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230608_210645 (resized).jpg
20230608_210703 (resized).jpg
20230608_210619 (resized).jpg
20230608_210319 (resized).jpg
20200716_161215 (resized).jpg
EA268595-46FE-454A-AD59-02FCA8F201AE (resized).jpeg
A938921E-D2D7-4649-A6A9-20EBB3C839B8 (resized).jpeg
E95C04D0-B366-4F32-B0BC-7E87B365E0A9 (resized).jpeg
9B4D6230-93AA-4FA7-B87C-EC81E3EF4D4E (resized).jpeg
DD72A065-79DC-4357-BC3D-2EFE53A8B015 (resized).jpeg
63E55B18-B4F4-40FC-A1E8-C3873E52AA5E (resized).jpeg
A0E1F625-6F1D-4FC2-BC08-78D2A048283A (resized).jpeg
D8B7A88C-1465-4973-9450-01CF1DCEBA97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1088 (resized).JPG
IMG_1087 (resized).JPG
IMG_1086 (resized).JPG
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago

Derp, the PayPal error was my fault - I missed a letter when I typed Wade’s email. Now I feel dumb.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Derp, the PayPal error was my fault - I missed a letter when I typed Wade’s email. Now I feel dumb.

Glad you got it worked out

#153 4 years ago

Wade reached out to me and I am all set! Paid for the pf + shipping and anticipating the finished product.
Thanks to everyone for the help!

2 weeks later
#154 4 years ago

deleted post

#155 4 years ago

That picture looks like a hardtop

3 weeks later
#156 4 years ago

I'm confused now.
I'm reading that some are paying for their C37 playfields now? What is this about?
I am on the list and haven't heard anything since checking this feed a few months ago.
I'm not in a hurry, all good things like repro playfields take time.

My fear is that even though I'm on the list, I might still miss out on this playfield because I haven't paid up yet?
Where are we at with this?
I figured the next step would be receiving a PM indicating playfields are ready to go out and to finalise payment and delivery.

Is this still right? or, if I still want one, am I to urgently Paypal (or whatever mechanism Wade prefers) pay the total amount right now, if I haven't missed out already?
I haven't bought a Wade Playfield before and I am unsure of the process so forgive me.

Regards all,
Cliff

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

I'm confused now.
I'm reading that some are paying for their C37 playfields now? What is this about?
I am on the list and haven't heard anything since checking this feed a few months ago.
My fear is that even though I'm on the list, I might still miss out on this playfield because I haven't paid up yet?
I figured the next step would be receiving a PM indicating playfields are ready to go out and to finalise payment and delivery.
Is this still right? or, if I still want one, am I to urgently Paypal (or whatever mechanism Wade prefers) pay the total amount right now, if I haven't missed out already?
I haven't bought a Wade Playfield before and I am unsure of the process so forgive me.
Regards all,
Cliff

Send him an email. He is within weeks of shipping.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

I'm confused now.
Regards all,
Cliff

He was accepting deposits for these awhile back. Yes, I sent a deposit but have not seen any updates on shipping. I'm patient.

#160 4 years ago
IMG_3007 (resized).jpgIMG_3007 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#161 4 years ago

bicyclenut any shipping yet?

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

bicyclenut any shipping yet?

I asked Wade this question last week. Not yet. Should be soon.

1 month later
#163 4 years ago

Anyone hear of any updates?

#164 4 years ago

Nothing yet

#165 4 years ago

bicyclenut is the close buddy, waiting for the first hand report.

#166 4 years ago

Wade will be sending out an update via email

#167 4 years ago

update from Wade

Hi everyone, this is Wade writing to you with a long overdue update about Centigrade 37.
First of all, thank you for your patience with this project. I know it is way beyond due. I
have only had a few inquiries about these but I know that probably all of you are wondering
what has happened.
During the printing process, I had something go wrong with the yellow and I didn't notice
until the black had been printed.This has caused me to go back and rescreen sections of the
boards. There was also trouble with the black, tiny spots did not print, and I had to go
through and touch all of these up.
I have not experienced either of these issues in previous playfields and I truly don't know
what caused this. Overall, the boards look good and I hope to begin clear this week.
Thank you again,
Wade

#168 4 years ago

I went by Wade's place last week and saw these boards myself first hand and I can tell you that they look absolutely fantastic. Im sure you guys will be very pleased with them. Rest assured fellas, these are worth the wait!

1 month later
#169 4 years ago

Any updates on the clearing of the playfields?

1 week later
#170 4 years ago

Sounds like Lucy needs to do some "splaining".

#171 4 years ago

It probably takes at least a few months to properly clearcoat a batch of playfields. I have full faith in Wade. I’m kicking myself for selling Strange World a few years ago.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Any updates on the clearing of the playfields?

Was just hoping to get a new ETA for the field please.

Thanks!

#173 4 years ago

I just asked with Wade about what the ETA is on the playfields. He said he is trying to have them finished up by the end of the month.

2 weeks later
#174 4 years ago

Update: I spoke with Wade tonight. He is in the processing of adding another coat of clear to the playfields. He had an issue with the yellow color but got it all worked out, this is partly what has set him back. He said he is really pleased with how these are turning out, better than he expected and that everyone will be pleased. He's still shooting to start shipping these out by the end of the month.

#175 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the update @bicyclenut.

#176 4 years ago

Great news!

1 month later
#177 4 years ago

Since shipping is very tough right now, do you know if the playfields are done? Just curious thank you!

#178 4 years ago

I contacted Wade last week by email but no reply yet. Getting hard to wait!

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Since shipping is very tough right now, do you know if the playfields are done? Just curious thank you!

shipping is not tough. i just packed up 3 pf's in A Wade box and sent them back east... Just dropped them off at my local ups location.

#180 4 years ago

For anyone shipping a pf, don't use the USPS. I have a pf being delivered and it's well over week late with no updates in that time frame.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from phergott:

For anyone shipping a pf, don't use the USPS. I have a pf being delivered and it's well over week late with no updates in that time frame.

Wade usually ships FedEx ground

2 weeks later
#182 3 years ago

Any updates?

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from mas:

Any updates?

I had a note indirectly from Wayne that there was a drilling issue that he was working thru. Don’t think they are going to be too long now.

1 week later
#184 3 years ago

Update on Wades IG of a C37 Playfield...looking good. Patience will pay off

#185 3 years ago

From Wade's Instagram

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 8.52.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-07 at 8.52.36 AM (resized).png
#186 3 years ago

Wade said yesterday He will be sending a message very soon explaining what pushed out the completion date.

Playfields are coming soon!

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Wade said yesterday He will be sending a message very soon explaining what pushed out the completion date.
Playfields are coming soon!

Great, cant wait to get my copy. Now I need to go find a game to put it in

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Great, cant wait to get my copy. Now I need to go find a game to put it in

Same here.

1 week later
#189 3 years ago

Wade was cutting shipping crates yesterday. Shipping soon.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Wade was cutting shipping crates yesterday. Shipping soon.

sweet

#191 3 years ago

Honestly the timing is good. The weather has been so great here that I’ve been knocking out every outside project I can, so that my wife won’t mind if I hole up in the basement for a month doing playfield swaps. Once it hits 90 here, I have no desire to be outside.

1 week later
#192 3 years ago

Playfields are done yay

#193 3 years ago

Hooray! Hooray!

#194 3 years ago

Yes great news ....guess i better start getting ready for a restore

#195 3 years ago

Does anybody know if there are any of these available? Maybe somebody backed out...

#196 3 years ago

Do most people shoot a coat or two of clear on these or leave them as is? Any comments on real world experiences with these long term either way?

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Does anybody know if there are any of these available? Maybe somebody backed out...

send Wade an email, he usually has some seconds to sell

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Do most people shoot a coat or two of clear on these or leave them as is? Any comments on real world experiences with these long term either way?

I asked Wade this question and he does not recommend it. Some people do clear them from what I've read.

#199 3 years ago

What was the total production number run on these?

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I auto cleared my Wade Kraus K&Q playfield, it came out very well. The black lines are raised a little and I had the clear spraying stuff out for my restored Slick Chick playfield. Both games are a blast to play. I don’t think that they are lightening fast to play. Very lively yes.

I will say that I experienced two small minor delamination splits of the top wood layer that gave me pause. I am now sure the replaced screws caused this by getting too close to the surface. With the clear being applied I was able to fix and spot clear.

I am expecting to receive my new C37 playfield in the next week. This next swap I will use some shorter screws if there is any question of this recurring.

I am not planning to clear this time unless I find a reason after I receive it. Wades work is very good and this will be my third playfield.

On a related new playfield subject a know a young lady that has just graduated with a major in architecture from UT, Austin. She made me a few sets of side rails from ‘curly’ maple that will match the playfield perfectly. I lacquer all to match the playfield. One set I have further cleared if I do clear the playfield. If anyone wants a set I can have her make them for you to help her with her college loans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-gottlieb-centigrade-37-want-a-new-playfield/page/4?hl=pintuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.