• Latest reply 2 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I'm guessing there is a simple explanation for this. Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

#2 2 years ago

The switch on the Game Over relay (Q) with a Red+White wire on one terminal and a Red-Yellow wire on the other is responsible for disabling the flippers and other things. It's at 13i on the schematic.

#3 2 years ago

Upon further review... the Q relay is remaining energized.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The switch on the Game Over relay (Q) with a Red+White wire on one terminal and a Red-Yellow wire on the other is responsible for disabling the flippers and other things. It's at 13i on the schematic.

Quoted from n2012y:

Upon further review... the Q relay is remaining energized.

Did you look at the switch I mentioned?

#5 2 years ago

I did. It's a make switch that is closed when Q is energized. I must be getting something wrong.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from n2012y:

I did. It's a make switch that is closed when Q is energized. I must be getting something wrong.

That's different from what I'm seeing on the schematic. Gottlieb schematics are drawn with the game reset and unplugged, implying Q should be de-energized in this picture.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7 2 years ago

I guess something is keeping Q energized (when it's plugged in and on) when it shouldn't be.

#8 2 years ago

I understand that it's supposed to be closed when the power is off. I'll recheck the relay.

#9 2 years ago

OK. I carefully checked the relay. The switch is a break switch, so when energized it is not closed, just like the schematic indicates. The Q relay fires, the switch (with the red+white wire) opens and... the flippers are still energized. I actually placed a non conductive strip in the switch and checked for a short at or near the switch. Thanks to you and several other forum members I'm starting to parse schematics, but I seem to be missing something on this one.

#10 2 years ago

Usually a normally closed switch on the hold relay pulses the game over relay when powering on. Check switch that it opens when hold relay pulls in.

#11 2 years ago
  1. After the last player's last ball drains, the Coin Unit should count down to 0 (to award match replays).

2. When the Coin Unit reaches 0, that should energize the Game Over relay (Q).
  3. When Q energizes, that should open the switch we've been talking about,
  4. Which should disable the flippers etc.
#12 2 years ago

I think the challenge is that the Q switch is open at the end of the game and the flippers are still energized. Here's a question: After I turn on the power, but before I press start, both the game over (Q) and 1st ball (U) relays are energized. Does that sound right?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from n2012y:

After I turn on the power, but before I press start, both the game over (Q) and 1st ball (U) relays are energized. Does that sound right?

That's correct behavior

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-gottlieb-bronco-flippers-stay-energized-after-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.