4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AUfan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

47D51716-A5C5-4A9F-ADB0-1247558677F5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190529_221712709 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Picked up a fire queen EM and have had several issues to work out and have one left over that I am stumped on.

Game plays fine untill last ball is sunk.

Both on 3 ball and 5 ball mode.

What happens is upon last ball being sewered the score motor constantly runs and game over does not seal in.

For me that the O (ball return relay) and the W (game.over relay) cycle on and off also.

Only way I can stop is to delatch the R (hold relay) and then game over is sealed.in ready for another start.

Also when game is in this resetting/game over limbo the flippers still work and.you can register points.

Any pointers on what to look at?

Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Found the issue, was contact not making on AX relay, in picture it is the yellow with red and yellow with pink contact (first contact on left side closest to contact block screw heads)

IMG_20190529_221712709 (resized).jpgIMG_20190529_221712709 (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

Glad you got it!! I'm currently working on my Fire Queen, can't wait to play it.

#4 4 years ago

I have a Fire Queen and it did the exact same thing. That AX relay is a bear to get set right.

3 months later
    #5 4 years ago

Hey folks!
    Glad to see so much love for Fire Queen! Was the first machine I purchased nearly 20yrs ago and she is still just as loved.
    I am chasing a copy of the game manual, does anyone have could scan and share please?
    Thanks in advance

47D51716-A5C5-4A9F-ADB0-1247558677F5 (resized).jpeg47D51716-A5C5-4A9F-ADB0-1247558677F5 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #6 4 years ago

Steve Young at PB Resource has it for sale

3 months later
    #7 4 years ago

working on my fire queen also, got it in 88, had house fire in 96 and stored it up until now, lots of smoke damage mostly, ready to start the rework of this wonderful machine. will keep everyone posted on the process. and may have to ask for some help along the way from my new pinball family..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-fire-queen-gottlieb?hl=gazz_anderson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.