(Topic ID: 163252)

1977 Bobby Orr Power Play: No MPU LED flash

By SkyKing2301

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Just as an FYI for people who might find this thread later for similar troubleshooting ... this problem reared its ugly head again. I continued following the path we'd started above; the wire coming off Rectifier Board Connector J3 Pin 8 was confirmed to be getting the proper ~11.9 voltage ... so I followed that wire to see where it went next. It ends in a connector on the SDB. So I pulled that connector and found the end of that wire was fraying/broken and coming loose from the connector pin. I popped it out and re-pinned it, and now it works fine!

Just wanted to say "thanks" for posting the follow up / solution. Was struggling trying to get my recently acquired Sky Gazer project machine working and your comment prompted me to double-check my assumptions when I added the missing J3 connector from the rectifier board. Sure enough, I had swapped the two orange wires and what should have been my 12V wire was only feeding 7.5V. Fixing that got me a step closer to working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 10.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-bobby-orr-power-play-no-mpu-led-flash?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.