You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally 76 catalog TOC (resized).jpg
aladdinbutton2 (resized).jpg
aladdinbutton1 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Is there a 1977 or 1978 Bally parts catalog for the last of the EM games? For games from Aladdin's Castle through Evel Knievel ?

Not all parts are created equal... here are the original flipper buttons and housing from my Aladdin's Castle. The smaller actuator and hole and the housings are the original, the fatter ones are the replacement. You can see the newer flipper buttons would not work with the housings. Parts catalog 1976 is too early, the 1979 are the ones I picture here:

aladdinbutton1 (resized).jpgaladdinbutton1 (resized).jpg

aladdinbutton2 (resized).jpgaladdinbutton2 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Is there a 1977 or 1978 Bally parts catalog for the last of the EM games?

Scroll down to the bally section here:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK

#3 1 year ago

Yeah, thanks, but that's why I asked the question. 1976... then 1979. I use those copies all the time. Where's Aladdin's Castle in either Game List at the beginning of the manuals? Its not all the same parts in the in-between 1976-1979 as are mentioned in either of the '76 or '79 catalogs, therefore the post.

#4 1 year ago

I cannot confirm the existence of a parts catalog in between 1976 and 1979, and I was VERY active in acquiring parts catalogs in that time frame.
.................David Marston

#5 1 year ago

Thanks everyone !

#6 1 year ago

Note that there was at least one supplement to the '76 catalog: https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/parts-catalog-list

/Mark

#7 1 year ago

I have not been able to find an e-version of that 1976 catalog supplement. It would be interesting to see what is in there.

The Bally year 1976 is an interesting one, as this was when the transition from EM to SS apparently happened from what I can tell.

The chronological listing in the 1976 catalog finishes with these 4 EMs:

Flip Flop January, 1976
Hokus Pokus March, 1976
Old Chicago April, 1976
Capt. Fantastic June, 1976.

Looking at IPDB, it shows:

Aladdin's Castle June EM, 1976
Freedom EM Jul, 1977 about 5,000 made but then also a SS version about 1500 made
Quarterback EM Sep, 1976
Night Rider EM Nov, 1976 about 4,000 EM then in Feb, 1977 7,000 SS
Hang Glider EM Dec, 1976
Evel Knievel EM Jan, 1977 but only about 155, then there was the SS version in Jun, 1977
Mata Hari EM May, 1977 but only 170 - the last of the EMs? Then in Apr, 1978 16,000+ SS were made

So from this I deduce that these were the last 3 that were EM only and not included in the 1976 catalog. You would think that they should be in that 1976 supplement.

Aladdin's Castle
Quarterback
Hang Glider

Then you had these which were interestingly made in both EM and SS versions. The SS versions are all covered in the 1979 catalog, but the EM versions are also nowhere to be found, unless they are also in that 1976 supplement.

Freedom
Night Rider
Evel Knievel
Mata Hari

The bottom line is: who has a copy of that 1976 supplement?

#8 1 year ago

The '76 catalog supplement has a few extra games, but not the complete list of EMs:
Bally 76 catalog TOC (resized).jpgBally 76 catalog TOC (resized).jpg
I couldn't find those flipper buttons in the catalog. Is the older version in the '76 catalog somewhere?

2 months later
#9 1 year ago

I have a broken solenoid plunger for the eject hole alternator on my Night Rider EM. I am trying to find the part number so I can see what I need order. I can't find a Bally parts manual with Night Rider in it either. Has anyone found one or has the parts like for this EM/SS games?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-bally-parts-catalog- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.