Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fast70
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95A4C46F-45F2-4847-A4B5-9151BA8D085C (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

hi I have a 1977 Bally black jack. the left flipper is working but the right one is not if I connect a wire (to the middle wire) on the coil and put it from the left to the right it will work. got schematic on line that are hard to follow but I think it is the Q15 transistor that works the right flipper on the solenoid board hope someone can look and let me know????????????

#2 3 years ago

Did the flipper just stop working recently or did you receive the machine in this condition?

If the flipper just stopped working recently, I'd get a close look at the end of stroke switch and flipper cabinet switches. They can be filed if needed. Make sure the EOS switch is making contact when closed (not real tight, but with a little tension between the switch leaves) and opens up to about 1/8" or so at full stroke.

#3 3 years ago

it just stop working.....have had the machine for a number of years..... like I say if I run a wire from the middle of the coil ( one wire on the left and one wire on the right) and it has one wire in the middle.... from coil to coil it will work. looking to see if someone knows what transistor on the solenoid driver board is for it I think the EOS switch is OK .......it works fine with the wire run between them. ...... hope this helps???????

#4 3 years ago

First thing to check is the flipper button switch on the cabinet. Make sure it’s got a correct gap and the points are not blown out. Next thing I would do is reseat the connector on the board. This might help, but there is a good chance you need to re flow the pins on the board because the solder cracks and doesn’t make a good connection. Here is a picture of the back side of Bally AS-2517-22 solenoid driver board. If you zoom in on the picture you can see the solder is cracked on the two pins with the wider traces going to them. Re flow the solder to eliminate the cracks

95A4C46F-45F2-4847-A4B5-9151BA8D085C (resized).jpeg95A4C46F-45F2-4847-A4B5-9151BA8D085C (resized).jpeg
    #5 3 years ago

Those two pins on the picture I posted are positions 8 and 9 on J1.

#6 3 years ago

OK reflow all the pins on the solenoid driver board and the flipper is not working what next how about a transistor on the board

#7 3 years ago

Fast70,

there are no transistor on the board that are controlling the Flippers directly. Q15 transistor controls the relay.

If one side of the flippers works, then the relay and therefore Q15, are working. Period.

You need to look into re-flowing the relay connections, checking the connections of the J1 and J2 connectors on your Solenoid Driver board (Pins 8 + 9 and 1 + 2 respectively), clean and file the contacts of the Flipper buttons and check the coils continuity.

Yves

#8 3 years ago

pins 8+9. on j1. ......and 1+2 on j2. right will have sometime later today to check it. ok I see on the post from trilogybeer for the J1 will do later today and let you know. thanks for alll the help!!!!!!!!!!! and I hope all is well

#9 3 years ago

Any update?

1 week later
    #10 3 years ago

Did not have time to look at it yet. hope to look at it soon?????

#11 3 years ago

fixed. connection on J1 pin 8. working for now thanks for all the help

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-bally-flipped-not-working?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.