11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Schematic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 11 years ago

On my Bally “Monte Carlo”, the lock RE. really does nothing more that turn on the GI lights and release the Game over RE. But can be de-energized when the delay RE is energized. Which was not straight forward on the schematic.
On your Schematic, looks like both the game over trip coil and the Lock RE. energize, this will de-latch the Game Over RE. then the Lock RE will de-energize the Game over Trip coil, Needs to be de-energized, because latching of the Game Over RE is mechanical. (Looks the same on my Bally)

It’s a start.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

G.O. trip to activate on power up before the lock relay has a chance to upen the circuit to ensure a game over status on power up

I’m sure this is true.

#5 11 years ago

Thinking more about it, it’s all just a case of timing. If the gap on the switch of the lock relay is wrong then you could have a problem. If you tried to use the G.O. RE. to control the release coil, the switch timing would be critical, maybe why it is the way it is. Bally and Williams both use this method on many machines, must be the best and/or cheapest solution.

3 weeks later
#6 11 years ago

Steve, during another post I realised the purpose of the lock relay on your machine (And others). It insures that the machine is at a known position at power on, “Game Over”. If you turn the power off in the middle of a game then back on, you will be at game over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-williams-lock-coil-purpose-discussion?tu=chrisbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.