Grand_Prix_Pin_008.JPG
Grand_Prix_Pin_025.JPG
Grand_Prix_Pin_022.JPG
Grand_Prix_Pin_021.JPG
Grand_Prix_Pin_020.JPG
Grand_Prix_Pin_013.JPG
Grand_Prix_Pin_010.JPG
Grand_Prix.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

MrTechnoBarn called me and said his Snap-on dealer is goin thru a Divorce and is Moving , so he want's to sell his Pin .., Said it's Really Nice and it Work's 100% ..

My Question is ,, Who Own's or Has Owned this Pin ? I did read on IPDB that this was the 2nd to Last EM the William's made , and It was designed to Be the Fastest EM ..

Any comment's Would be appreciated .. I headed to lOOk @ it at 5:30 Pm ..

Trailer Tyme !! The head Doesn't lay down on these ..

Grand_Prix.jpgGrand_Prix.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Fast and fun classic EM with a very satisfying spinner shot. The head is removable for easy transport. If this is your first EM, be careful but firm when removing the jones plug in the backbox. They can break if your impatient.
Alex

#3 11 years ago

I have one and it is one of the faster EM pins I have played. Plenty of skill shots with the four drop targets, two spinners and two knokout holes that collect the bonus during play. Set the pitch higher for better gameplay. IMO

And I'll second Alex's comment on the backbox plug.

BTW, I just watched your video shopping out that World Cup polishing the ramps with the blowtorch. Never knew that trick!

#4 11 years ago

BTW, I just watched your video shopping out that World Cup polishing the ramps with the blowtorch. Never knew that trick!

Best method on Earth !!!!!!

Anyway , I picked up the Grand Prix ,, It's in GREAT Condition !! The b/glass is Very Nice and the p/f w/ just a Lil wear around the kick out holes ( Not much tho )

Grand_Prix_Pin_010.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_010.JPG Grand_Prix_Pin_013.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_013.JPG Grand_Prix_Pin_020.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_020.JPG Grand_Prix_Pin_021.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_021.JPG Grand_Prix_Pin_022.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_022.JPG Grand_Prix_Pin_025.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_025.JPG

#5 11 years ago

Looks nice, congrats! I like the theme, looks like a fun game.

#6 11 years ago

Wow that's a nice one....I own one and enjoy it as my only EM....gotta have at least one!! It can be a very fast moving pin. I sometimes load mine with a powerball to kick it up a few notches

#7 11 years ago

Looking forward to the video.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I sometimes load mine with a powerball to kick it up a few notches

Now that's a New 1 ..

#9 11 years ago

Looking forward to the video.

Just for you 4 - asking !!!

Check out the Snap-On guy's 46 Dodge w/ a Chevy 350 bored out 60 over .
Then we loaded the Pin ..

Grand_Prix_Pin_008.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_008.JPG

#10 11 years ago

I always give away the good stuff lol....

#11 11 years ago

Now I'm jealous of that backglass! Mine's a bit flaked, but my playfield and cabinet still look good. I've yet to own a machine where the backglass, playfield and cabinet are all in good shape.

I'm a big fan of cabinet art on the 70s games. Grand Prix is no exception!

One thing I did need to adjust on mine was the angle of the kick-out holes. If they're not set right, they'll send the ball right down the center drain.

#12 11 years ago

Congrats on the purchase, BR!!!

#13 11 years ago

Moderator's ,, Will Ya'll move this Thread to the EM Hang-out 4 me Please !!! Thank Ya ...

Ok SPed , I have a 6 minute video Up-Load-n of Grand Prix on Y_Tube !!

#14 11 years ago

Nice game BR

#15 11 years ago

Nice game BR

Thank You , Thank You Very Much ,,

elvis2.gifelvis2.gif

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

One thing I did need to adjust on mine was the angle of the kick-out holes. If they're not set right, they'll send the ball right down the center drain.

My right kick out hole was doing the same thing to me RTB......it was sending the ball SDTM everytime it kicked it out. A slight adjustment to kicker and it sends it to left flipper 100%.....sweetness.

#17 11 years ago

Nice EM B_R! So i'm going to ask the million dollar question............

Is this machine going to get the B_R Cointaker LED treatment and make the EM purest piss there pants or stay pure?

I kid! I kid!

#18 11 years ago

Fun game the spinner shots are awesome but you will loose the ball a lot if you try to trap it on the flips! Looks to be in really nice shape except for the faded red on the Grand Prix in the bg but they all have that to some extent.

#19 11 years ago

That's a Very nice looking EM pin!

#20 11 years ago

I have a Grand Prix and love it. It is fast playing and fun. I love the clunky chimes that Williams used. I assume they were copying Gott. My chimes are real loud! Good to see an EM getting some love.

#21 11 years ago

Hey B.R.

Fun Game with lots to do. Williams made a lot of fun 2-4 player games in the mid 70's IMHO, not so much single players.

Played it a few times as a kid in different spots. You could find them everywhere back in the day.

Very popular machine with 10,554 units made back in 1976 so that tells you something.

I think it will be a fun competition game for you and the family.

Enjoy!

Ken

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Hey B.R.
Fun Game with lots to do. Williams made a lot of fun 2-4 player games in the mid 70's IMHO, not so much single players.
Played it a few times as a kid in different spots. You could find them everywhere back in the day.
Very popular machine with 10,554 units made back in 1976 so that tells you something.
I think it will be a fun competition game for you and the family.
Enjoy!
Ken

I like it , Especially the Condition !! But a Pinsider has made me an Offer I can't Refuse , so it Will be Leave-n the GRG in 13 day's .. I'll have Plenty of Tyme to play and Tinker w/ it .

#23 11 years ago

I just picked up two Faces, the Spanish take on Grand Prix. My girlfriend loved GP, but wasn't so into race cars. We went to PAPA in August and she laid her hands upon Faces and that was it, she had to have it. One popped up on CL here & then I nabbed another one for "parts" while visiting my folks in Detroit. The two together should make for a nice copy. I'm excited to have this layout in my collection. Such a fast EM!

#24 11 years ago

Faces photo from IPDB (Mark Steinman)

image-26.jpegimage-26.jpeg

#25 11 years ago

Grand Prix pic from IPDB (Ron Tyler)

Playfield.jpegPlayfield.jpeg

#26 11 years ago

Faces has a 3rd flipper, Grand Prix doesn't, other than that very similar, and great games!!

#27 11 years ago

Personally, I'd still love to grab a Grand Prix. I'd love to get my hands on one of the few SS versions made and sit it next to Faces.

IPDB Photo (Dave Vnuk)

image-12.jpegimage-12.jpeg

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

Faces has a 3rd flipper, Grand Prix doesn't, other than that very similar, and great games!!

3rd flipper and that neat relay controlled left gate that allows to you to hit the spinner loop repeatedly. Very cool.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Nice EM B_R! So i'm going to ask the million dollar question............
Is this machine going to get the B_R Cointaker LED treatment and make the EM purest piss there pants or stay pure?
I kid! I kid!

If the Buyer want's it Blinged , I Would Love to ,, Not 4- Free tho !! I could deliver to ( Hint )

#30 11 years ago

What city do you think they had in mind for the BG?
Tokyo ?

#31 11 years ago

I believe the city depicted is supposed to be Monaco? The Monaco Grand Prix.
Alex

#32 11 years ago

Was there a ss version of Grand Prix? That backglass is different and has electronic displays.

#33 11 years ago

There was apparently a few solid state prototypes produced.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=grand+prix&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5647

Alex

#34 11 years ago

You dont see many EMs LEDed

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

So that's a NO , I take it ? See Ya in 12 day's now Chad ,,, Get Well bro ..

#36 11 years ago

You should experiment when you have time and see what it looks like.

1 week later
#37 11 years ago

I do Love to Bling'em .. I used CoinTakers Frosted White's , Oranges , Red's , Blue's & Greens . The b/glass turned out Really Nice and Vibrant ..

Grand_Prix_Pin_007.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_007.JPG Grand_Prix_Pin_008.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_008.JPG Grand_Prix_Pin_009.JPGGrand_Prix_Pin_009.JPG

#38 11 years ago

Looks nice. Im sure it looks alot different in person and the pics dont do i t justice.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Looks nice. Im sure it looks alot different in person and the pics dont do i t justice.

You know that's rite !! I have Yet , been able to Capture a Decent Pict- of any Led'd Pin w/ my camera .. That's why I'm Buy-n the GoPro Silver Edition camera 4-myself for X-mas !!

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-silver-edition#specs

#40 11 years ago

Never owned or heard of Go-Pro. Have you used their products before?

#41 11 years ago

No , But I like the way the camera takes Photo's and Video's ,, Check out GoPro on You_Tube ..
The Camera is also Waterprof

#42 11 years ago

I had the first generation GoPro years ago & didn't like it... but I'm sure they've come a long way since then.
B_R, if your primary purpose for buying a helmet camera is for filming "hands free" pinball videos you might want to consider the ContourHD instead. They have a headband mount (like I used at your garage when I bought Big Guns) and you can switch your vid to a vertical orientation with a twist of the lense housing. Nice features imo.
http://store.contour.com/ae/us/page/home

#43 11 years ago

I'm Not lOOk-n 4 a helmet cam- just a camera w/ Awesome Result's !! GoPro has the hand-held that I'm lOOk-n in-2 .. Thanxx 4 the info SPed .. Still on tha Hunt !!

#44 11 years ago

Nice! Great theme. Backglass art obviously inspired by the Monaco Grand Prix. Adding this one to my "wish" list.

#45 11 years ago

I want to find camera glasses
like in a pair of sunglasses - spy store stuff

#46 11 years ago

B_R I have a GoPro Hero 2 and it for sure looks awesome outdoors! I have some cool vids from jetski rides and such, but....... Indoors it is not much of a camera. Especially in low light conditions. I'll take a video tonight of my DM with LEDs and put it up on Youtube. I haven't filmed any pins, but I filmed my MAME cab one time and I wasn't to happy. We might be in for a surprise though! I'll flim Stargate and Dr Dude also since they don't have LED's and see if that makes a difference.

#47 11 years ago

Thanxx myork ,,,,,, I'll be lOOk-n for the video ...

#48 11 years ago

ChadNC came and Pick'd up the EM this morn-n ,, He wanted me to add some Green Led's under the Sling's , 1 Cool white and 1 Green frosted on Each side .. lOOked Great !!

He also reminded me that I sold him his 1st Pin LW , back in " 08 " 30 some Pin's ago for him now !!

Keep Goin bro ,, I'm on 211 .

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Thanxx myork ,,,,,, I'll be lOOk-n for the video ...

The videos are uploading now. I'll post the links when there ready! I took the raw video off the camera and uploaded it directly to youtube. I think your current camera does a better job than the go pro. Watch the vids and see what you think.

#50 11 years ago

Shooting a pinball machine with video is tough because of the intensity and strobe of some of the lights. Probably more than the camera body, it would be lens selection and filters that might help, in addition to a camera body that has some manual control adjustments available. Having not tried to shoot a pin before, I can't talk from direct experience, but working in video for a living, I would assume that some carefully dialed shutter settings in conjunction with a manual exposure and focus, with an older, softer lens might be pretty decent for capturing a pinball in at least most of its visual glory.

For Go Pro, however, what I thought would be cool is if you could rig one inside the p/f above the flippers for a ground level view as a B cam. Cutting between that and an A cam like Lumix Gh2 or 5D/7D could produce quite a nice effect.

I might try to experiment some with my gear at the house and see what I can come up with. None of my pins are blinged out, but I'd be interested in testing with LEDs too since they're a brighter source. If you ever want to do some video experiments on one of the LEDed pins, let me know B_R -- would be an interesting camera test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-williams-em-grand-prix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.